Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Green Auto Setting....Does It Only Shoot In JPEG?

Getting wife into shooting, but she wants to basically point and shoot until she gets the feel for the more creative settings. I have it set on green mode(Auto), not paying attention to the file setting that the camera defaults to. digging into the menu I realize it wont let me set the files to RAW, (however I can do it on a K3). is there a setting somewhere on the K5 that will allow shooting in RAW while in the Green mode setting. I do know it wont be long until she will be wanting to be more creative and I will show her how to go about trying the different settings, I just dont want to be too overbearing and scare her out of photography.
I imagine I could just set the camera in P mode and just tell her to not change any settings until she is ready.

01-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
I imagine I could just set the camera in P mode and just tell her to not change any settings until she is ready.

Exactly. P Mode would also mean that she could benefit from the Custom Image Styles and Program Lines until she is willing to explore what the different parameters of the exposure triangle actually mean and do.
01-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
here is a link to the owner's manual in case you don't have one

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5.pdf

green mode is discussed on page 71 and 103 I believe

it doesn't look like it lets you use RAW only JPEG
01-12-2020, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ok folks thanks a million, I had her shoot today on a hike and she did awesome in P mode....

second photo is of me and two of our kids. she is using just the 18-135 for now to get used to the camera and its workings. she has tons of photos from this weekend that she is excelling at...

Name:  IMGP6472.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  202.6 KB

Name:  IMGP6460.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  204.5 KB

Name:  IMGP6454.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  182.7 KB