Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2021, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ouch

if it was me, I would invest in some flowers or a nice gift for the " Minister of Finance "

then bring up the idea of a birthday/anniversary present for you

whether to go K 1 or K 1 II

what are your photographic goals

I'm certainly not an expert at photography, just someone who posts a lot

but as I understand it the K 1 or K 1 II is good at some things while the ASP-C sensor bodies are good at otherzs

01-19-2021, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Why would you assume that 60k is "nearing its end"? Even with a K-nn model I would not assume 60k was near the end, if not for the aperture block, but with the K-7 or K-5?
Clearly it's not its end yet. Still, this could be used to convince the minister of finance to buy a brand-new KP.
01-19-2021, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

A quick trip to Port Melbourne and $55 seems like a reasonable option to me, and the upcoming release of the K3iii could give the ministry of finance a heart attack, time to up the life insurance..........
01-19-2021, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
A quick trip to Port Melbourne and $55 seems like a reasonable option to me, and the upcoming release of the K3iii could give the ministry of finance a heart attack, time to up the life insurance..........
What I would want to know before spending $55 is what the average repair cost was. Then comparing that with a used copy of the same camera I’d know of spending money on mine was worthwhile. Is that Diagnostic fee partial payment on future repair or does the repair change simply add to it is another question to ask.

01-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #20
Pentaxian

We lost a K-x and had to have my 21 ltd. repaired the same way. Only we were looking at ours. We'd set up for a group shot. There was no wind, no seagulls, nothin, it just fell over. Another time we had a tripod fall over a cliff, a gust of wind just caught it and took it. Fortunately the camera wasn't attached yet. These things happen.
01-19-2021, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #21
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We lost a K-x and had to have my 21 ltd. repaired the same way. Only we were looking at ours. We'd set up for a group shot. There was no wind, no seagulls, nothin, it just fell over. Another time we had a tripod fall over a cliff, a gust of wind just caught it and took it. Fortunately the camera wasn't attached yet. These things happen.
Geez norm, someone might think you were spending all your time in rugged terrain hiking through northern Ontario... oh wait, that is what you do all the time
01-19-2021, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Geez norm, someone might think you were spending all your time in rugged terrain hiking through northern Ontario... oh wait, that is what you do all the time
Ya, you'd be thinking right. When I was rehabbing my hip and now my shoulder I really wished there was a nice mall somewhere I could go and walk, without the risk of fall that could cause major damage. The closest mall worth walking in is 2.5 hours away.

01-19-2021, 06:30 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
What's the exchange rate of CT Money to Aussie dollars? I'm pretty sure Bruce is in the province of Victoria in Oz, not the one in Canada . Nice of you to offer though.

Sorry to hear of your mishap Bruce. That’s a bummer with a capital B. I have the K5ii and love it...no wonder you're so despondent. Hope you find a fix or an even better replacement. Tell the Right Honourable Minister that there's no price on mental health . Besides, a new KP costs far less than a month of therapy
It has a premium of 30%. With all the Canadian Tire fans on the forum, we may be able to collect a mitt full. I just checked my Cdn Tire Money Saver and I am sorry to report its empty. My grandson must have been here recently.
01-19-2021, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob King Quote
It has a premium of 30%. With all the Canadian Tire fans on the forum, we may be able to collect a mitt full. I just checked my Cdn Tire Money Saver and I am sorry to report its empty. My grandson must have been here recently.
I just checked the console in my truck and found $6.75 worth. It ain't much but hey, it's a start. Bruce's K5iis benevolent fund.
01-19-2021, 07:16 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
I just checked the console in my truck and found $6.75 worth. It ain't much but hey, it's a start. Bruce's K5iis benevolent fund.
time to check out the sofa bank to see what money can be found

01-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
time to check out the sofa bank to see what money can be found

New York students find 40K in Salvation Army sofa, return cash to owner - YouTube
WOW - that's a nutty story. I'm glad it was NOT a drug dealer that got all that back... lol.
01-19-2021, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #27
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
WOW - that's a nutty story. I'm glad it was NOT a drug dealer that got all that back... lol.
to be clear, I am not vouching for the story

but on the other hand I did find it by googling " sofa bank " so it can't be fake

can it ?
01-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
to be clear, I am not vouching for the story

but on the other hand I did find it by googling " sofa bank " so it can't be fake

can it ?
I would say - plausible?
01-20-2021, 06:14 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Unfortunately, I knew of a neighbour who was murdered for the $20,000 in cash kept under the floorboards of his house. Somebody who knew got a little loose lipped in the local bar one night.