Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
3-year warranty for K-r for $29

Maybe I'm not the first to notice this, but I certainly hadn't seen it before.

Apparently, you can extend the warranty on your camera form just one year to a whooping 3 for just $29.95 extra. Check it out:

Pentax DSLR Extended 3 Year Warranty - $29.95

This link is just for the K-x and K-r, but I'm sure there are others as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Its even 20 dollars for the K-7

80250 Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for K7 Digital SLR Camera (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)

I might jump on this when I buy it.
09-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Inactive Account

that's pretty good.

hopefully, pentax will give the k5 a standard 3 year or better warranty and extend the $29 extension (no pun) to their lenses

is this just for NEW sales or can existing Kx owners avail of this?

hmmm,not available for Florida? why so?
09-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Very nice - I bet that warranty will be available for the K-5 then as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
Probably legal stuff.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Doesn't expensive stuff automatically have such warranty?
- In Europe some shops are being punished to ask money for such things
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
Doesn't expensive stuff automatically have such warranty?
- In Europe some shops are being punished to ask money for such things
I was under the assumption that they only come with 1 year warranties...at least where I live.
09-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #7

Must be purchased within 90 days...

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
that's pretty good.

hopefully, pentax will give the k5 a standard 3 year or better warranty and extend the $29 extension (no pun) to their lenses

is this just for NEW sales or can existing Kx owners avail of this?

I never buy extended warranties, broke that rule just now... as it was too good to pass it up for 30 bucks...

Just had a chat with Pentax Customer support, I bought the extended warranty for my K-x, he mentioned that it would be honored as long as it was purchased within 90 days of camera purchase. Also it covers the entire Kit - lens and body as shown in the receipt.

09-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I got the add'l warranty on my K-7 nearly one year after purchase. I was never so excited to spend $20. (Except the $20 I spend on beer and pizza with Anne some years back but that's a different story.)

Now. If anyone were crazy enough to offer that on an SDM lens, I might own one. Or two.

Drat ... this turned into another whine. Sorry.
09-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Abstract Quote
I was under the assumption that they only come with 1 year warranties...at least where I live.
in EU standart warranty period is for 2 years
09-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
purchased anywhere or just adorama?
10-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanic Quote
in EU standart warranty period is for 2 years
Wrong. It depends on the local country regulations. In many countries it's 1 year. The manufacturer and/or distributor can offer more, of course.

It would be great if Pentax offered more than 1 year warranty. Its competitors offer 2-3 year warranties on bodies and lenses here.
10-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And as a previous poster said, Pentax only honors within a certain time frame. I have heard of a guy not getting the extended warranty coverage because the warranty wasn't on the same receipt as the camera.
10-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by frooggy Quote
I have heard of a guy not getting the extended warranty coverage because the warranty wasn't on the same receipt as the camera.
I would fight that if I was him...
10-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #14

I bought the extended warranty earlier this week and received a reply from Adorama that it's on back order. I guess they ran out of the warranty cards. I sent an email to Pentax customer service to inquire if they will honor the warranty when I finally receive it. Hopefully that will be soon. I bought the Kx white with the 18-55 kit lens and a 55-300 DA (not the DAL) in late June 2010. Everything was purchased at once from Wiloughby's in NYC and is on the same receipt. If the information in the preceding post is correct (that the warranty has to be purchased within 90 days of the camera), I might be several weeks too late. Hopefully, Pentax will honor the warranty. I await their response.
10-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
Wrong. It depends on the local country regulations. In many countries it's 1 year. The manufacturer and/or distributor can offer more, of course.

It would be great if Pentax offered more than 1 year warranty. Its competitors offer 2-3 year warranties on bodies and lenses here.
Directive 1999/44/EC Check the article 5.
Btw it's a seller warranty, not a manufacturer warranty.