Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Any K-r love?

I have seen a bazillion threads in the past few days about the K-5, so I for one would like to see more information (and enthusiasm) about the"lowly" K-r.

Anyone else with me?

Thanks as always,

Ray

10-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to DSLR discussion.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A camera that has not been released yet goes from the "news and rumor" forum to the "DSLR" forum.....................okee dokee Adam!
10-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter

The K-r seems like a fine camera. The only thing I wish it had is weather resistance like my K200D has. But considering the huge price difference between the K-r and the K-5, I might still go for the K-r and keep my K200D for bad weather or particularly dusty conditions. At least until the K-5 body drops to a price point under $1000 in 12-18 months. If anyone has an interest in the K-r, I see no reason to not go for it.

10-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

K-r = K-x + newer generation sensor + AF points on VF + Li-ion batteries

Next!

PS: Indeed, I would love if Pentax could release a lower-level model with WR, instead of the pricey K-5. Even if they had to let some features out.
10-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote

Next!

PS: Indeed, I would love if Pentax could release a lower-level model with WR, instead of the pricey K-5. Even if they had to let some features out.

I know hcarvalhoalves

I would just like a little bit more info on the K-r, is that to much to ask?

I see TON'S of info on the K-5 but pretty much nothing concerning the ..................K-r?............is it called the "K-r", right?
10-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
I know hcarvalhoalves

I would just like a little bit more info on the K-r, is that to much to ask?

I see TON'S of info on the K-5 but pretty much nothing concerning the ..................K-r?............is it called the "K-r", right?
I guess that's because there's not much new to talk about it really. We'll know better after some does a hands-on, but from specs alone, is just a K-x with some points tweaked, nothing worth of notes. If you want a cheap Pentax with a solid feature set, it's it, that's all.
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Forum Member

K-r = Ken Rockwell? If it was 600, i would get it at the blink of an eye...
Or maybe a used K-7...

10-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess that's because there's not much new to talk about it really. We'll know better after some does a hands-on, but from specs alone, is just a K-x with some points tweaked, nothing worth of notes. If you want a cheap Pentax with a solid feature set, it's it, that's all.

Whatever!

Thanks as always,

Ray
10-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It will get talked about plenty, once it is released and we can see some photos from it. At present, it is really similar to the Kx as far as feature set. Now, it will be interesting to see how it compares in terms of image quality.
10-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
decision time ...

I've been waiting to make the move upgrading from my K100DS. The KR, from everything I've read seems to be a winner. But a lack of two items on it still makes me hesitant - the absent top LCD (it's just a habit thing for me) and no port for a cable switch. With the introductory price of the KR body only, I'm now considering the K7 body instead for only a little bit more. If figure I can't go wrong with either camera.
10-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
I've been waiting to make the move upgrading from my K100DS. The KR, from everything I've read seems to be a winner. But a lack of two items on it still makes me hesitant - the absent top LCD (it's just a habit thing for me) and no port for a cable switch. With the introductory price of the KR body only, I'm now considering the K7 body instead for only a little bit more. If figure I can't go wrong with either camera.
Don't take offense. I'm laughing because I own a nearly 4 years old K100D and each time Pentax offers a new (and better) model, I'm looking for good reasons not buying it !
The K-x hadn't the AF points in the VF, the K-7 wasn't good enough at high ISO settings, the K-20... was expensive, the K-5... will be expensive too. And the K-r ? Well, the K-r... has no top LCD !
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Site Supporter

I think I've posted this in about 20 different threads but um....I can't wait for the K-r!!!
10-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Next!

K-r = K-x + newer generation sensor + AF points on VF + Li-ion batteries + high res LCD
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
K-r = K-x + newer generation sensor + AF points on VF + Li-ion batteries + high res LCD
Yeah, forgot that. It's bigger (3") and twice the resolution, therefore better, but that's incremental. I would consider it worth of note if they stepped up to contemporary technology and used AMOLED screens, as LCDs are close to unusable under light anyway, regardless of resolution.