Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #226
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Frank has already collected his K-5. I'm getting mine just after I finish my meeting with my client... grrr, can't wait... Tomorrow we'll have a big Pentax camera shootout with other Pentax users from 8 am onwards...

10-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #227
Pentaxian

Sounds great... But we want to see high-ISO shots in bad lighting conditions! So please show us more of your apartment please
10-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Sounds great... But we want to see high-ISO shots in bad lighting conditions! So please show us more of your apartment please
or some of that dishwashing liquid.

and please, for the love of god, no more nosehair shots.
10-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #229
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Happy to announce the new Pentax K-r and K-5 has already arrived in Singapore! So over dinner with my good friend and resident Pentax guru frank we had the opportunity to test the new Pentax K-r (the K-5 test will come later). Yeah it's in pink!!!
You know what... Those funny coloured K-r are perfect choice when you go somewhere where professional photo equipment is not allowed. No security guard would suspect that this funny coloured toy camera with toy lens (DA Limited) in reality is extremely capable beast

10-15-2010, 01:44 AM   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
You know what... Those funny coloured K-r are perfect choice when you go somewhere where professional photo equipment is not allowed. No security guard would suspect that this funny coloured toy camera with toy lens (DA Limited) in reality is extremely capable beast
very true. I can't stand it where security are so anal about you bringing what seems to be of professional gear. sometimes I wanna bash their heads why they are allowing smaller cameras which can do the same thing as shooting photos. how stupid can people be. they are cameras just the same.
10-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #231

More waiting? better get some shots in here or there will be some Feel The 300 Power LOL
10-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
very true. I can't stand it where security are so anal about you bringing what seems to be of professional gear. sometimes I wanna bash their heads why they are allowing smaller cameras which can do the same thing as shooting photos. how stupid can people be. they are cameras just the same.
There are still many venues which will allow a P&S in, but not a dSLR.

Often event managers have contracts with professional photographers, and no other Pros are allowed.
Unfortunately, a lot of people, security guards included, think dSLR means a Pro photographer.

10-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #233
Site Supporter

I have to laugh, so many ppl are posting how 12,800 ISO shots are a bit on the noisy side

Of course its a bit noisy its ISO 12,800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee whiz....
10-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #234

Yes totally, the K-r and now the K-5 images are simply blowing me away. But there always those standing by with what seems like a bucket of cold water, itching to throw.

Usable pictures (and don't even bother trying to define that) at this ISO are going to be an absolute Godsend to so many photographers who have to work in low light where no flash is the better option, or where larger depth of field or higher speed is missing. Fast lenses will be less important. I am seriously impressed by the K-r and the K-5. And I am only an amateur who might take a decent shot once in a while.

They will make my macro shots in the breeze much less painful and suddenly i have a low-light camera option for the choir I sing in. Its all looking rather good for the brand, and for the lenses I already own.

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
I have to laugh, so many ppl are posting how 12,800 ISO shots are a bit on the noisy side

Gee whiz....
10-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #235
Site Supporter

For sure. I can't believe the usability of K-r images, pretty clean even up to 3200 compared to my D60 which really was pushing it at 800. With some usuable shots at 6400 and even the emergency 12800 as an option this is amazing. Looks like the k-5 will be even better!

Originally I had planned to buy a fast kit lens replacement for my D60 to enhance IQ and low-light. After researching it seemed buying a new body was by far the quickest and cheapest path to better IQ and low-light.

I've never had a Pentax before, D60 was my first dslr, now sold, I have a K-r and a K1000 on the way, lol! I guess I'm a Pentaxian now! hehe

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Carey Quote
Yes totally, the K-r and now the K-5 images are simply blowing me away. But there always those standing by with what seems like a bucket of cold water, itching to throw.

Usable pictures (and don't even bother trying to define that) at this ISO are going to be an absolute Godsend to so many photographers who have to work in low light where no flash is the better option, or where larger depth of field or higher speed is missing. Fast lenses will be less important. I am seriously impressed by the K-r and the K-5. And I am only an amateur who might take a decent shot once in a while.

They will make my macro shots in the breeze much less painful and suddenly i have a low-light camera option for the choir I sing in. Its all looking rather good for the brand, and for the lenses I already own.

Last edited by Deimos; 10-15-2010 at 06:43 AM.
10-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Frank has already collected his K-5. I'm getting mine just after I finish my meeting with my client... grrr, can't wait... Tomorrow we'll have a big Pentax camera shootout with other Pentax users from 8 am onwards...
So you said it!

And I am expecting you to post lots of pictures taken with the K5 this weekend ... that goes for Frank as well.

You are now bound under the "Weekend - Must Take Pictures" Pentax Forums Laws, article 1.0. in which you are to provide us with all necessary images taken with the K5 (and/or K-r), duly posted herein on this Forum, in order to allow members of the said forum to view, compare and discuss results of said images as it follows, but not restricted to:

- High ISO RAW and JPEG images under difficult lighting situations, no post processing.
- AF.S and AF-C images of moving subjects laterally and toward the camera, using all possible settings.
- Low ISO RAW and JPEG "base" shots for comparison with the above images.

Please sign below:

X-----------------------------X

Last edited by jpzk; 10-15-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added info
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote

Gee whiz....
hmmmmm.....I think the general idea there is to see if the ISO 12,800 shots are acceptable enough at a certain stand point. otherwise, having a 12,800 ISO is pointless if it's too noisy to even use.
10-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #238
Inactive Account

[langtitle=fr]@Franck[/langtitle]

@Franck:

About Cd
It's v4.30. .....

Pse, if possible make one little Zip Of your Install Of Pentax Util (Win Vers), beceause pentax.Jp (argghh) have not updated the dowvload section (Always 4.21 sighh)
Please if you put Here (For example) your zip
http://dl.free.fr/
You choice the box named "Choisir" and after "Envoyer", and after free Scan virus (Possible liittle tu more time...) you receive one adress file to download (example: http //123454678, you copy this adress and all people must be dowload easy.
Or Other at your choice (Megaupload, Rapidshare, etcetc...)

Many Thank's for this

Best Regards Jpette
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #239
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpette Quote
@Franck:

About Cd
It's v4.30. .....

Pse, if possible make one little Zip Of your Install Of Pentax Util (Win Vers), beceause pentax.Jp (argghh) have not updated the dowvload section (Always 4.21 sighh)
Please if you put Here (For example) your zip
Free - Envoyez vos documents
You choice the box named "Choisir" and after "Envoyer", and after free Scan virus (Possible liittle tu more time...) you receive one adress file to download (example: http //123454678, you copy this adress and all people must be dowload easy.
Or Other at your choice (Megaupload, Rapidshare, etcetc...)

Many Thank's for this

Best Regards Jpette
You should wait , it will be on the Pentax in about 1-2 weeks. I believe this is the 5th request you made for this:ugh:
10-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #240

Gran bella macchina non vedo l'ora di vederla dal vivo!!!!!