Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #181
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Well, to me the AF point moves pretty fast (I'm holding the camera and tried it just now), almost instant, but it does appear to be a little bit slower than K7. Didn't notice the difference until I saw your Qs.
Thank you. It's either as fast as ALL Pentax cameras from *ist D till K-7, or not the same
K-r is slower, and it will be annoying for me... I'm shocked a bit...

It means it's truth. It's a pity.

Can you inform the Technical Support of Pentax in your country about this problem?

Last edited by ogl; 10-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.
10-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Thank you. It's either as fast as ALL Pentax cameras from *ist D till K-7, or not the same

Can you inform the Technical Support of Pentax in your country about this problem?

I recall my old K100D's focus point selection was a little bit slower than the K-7's - nothing that interfered with my usage, but it was there.
The K-X didn't even have focus confirmation points, so nobody really knew its selection speed.
10-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Hmm, I don't see it as a problem. As I mentioned before, I didn't even notice until saw your Q.
10-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #184
Veteran Member

Typical ogl.

10-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

second this...

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
please post ISO100 - 200 examples in full size, not all people are interested only in high ISO picture
+1...... agreed.... having clean, noise free images below iso 800 is a k-x given, my k200d was ok at iso400.... and i preferred the color rendition(s) in the k200d to the k-x i have...... as this thread progresses... we will see a boatload of images from our worldwide forum base, and then we'll have a great platform to discuss the k-r's i.q. compared to the k-x... and the more expensive big brother, the k-5...

Last edited by dcmsox2004; 10-14-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: grammar
10-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #186
Veteran Member

Like they said, there's a Pentax users meetup on Saturday. I'm sure they'll get some nice daylight photos there.
10-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #187

Hello Creampuff!

First of all, grats for the pink K-r, I laughed out loud when I saw it! I'd like to ask you about the loudness of the shutter compared to the K-7. Which has the lower shutter sound?

10-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #188

So uh, just as a casual question, for no particular reason, anyone know off the top of their head how long, roughly, before the K-x broke the $500 mark retail?

That seems like such a beautiful camera, and maybe I can justify by telling my girlfriend SHE needs it to take pictures and video of the puppies we're about to get...
10-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #189
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Typical ogl.
I think you have no such problems with your cameras.
10-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Csabulator Quote
Hello Creampuff!

First of all, grats for the pink K-r, I laughed out loud when I saw it! I'd like to ask you about the loudness of the shutter compared to the K-7. Which has the lower shutter sound?
Kr and Kx make about the same shutter sound. That's enough said I guess?
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
So uh, just as a casual question, for no particular reason, anyone know off the top of their head how long, roughly, before the K-x broke the $500 mark retail?

That seems like such a beautiful camera, and maybe I can justify by telling my girlfriend SHE needs it to take pictures and video of the puppies we're about to get...
Here in Singapore it's already selling for less than $500usd w/ kit lens
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #192
Veteran Member

I think you have no such problems with your cameras.
As the man said, it wasn't enough of a problem for him to notice until you brought it up, i.e. it's not worth calling Pentax support about. QED.
10-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Csabulator Quote
Hello Creampuff!

This has been answered a couple times in the thread already. They said it's more similar in sound to the K-x than the K-7.

edit: whoops, Frank already got that one. :P
10-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
'Captures 3 images to generate a single HDR image. Exposure is optimized for dim lighting'
If true it would be a disappointment (for that single feature, not the camera, I mean).

In dim lighting, there is no headroom for longer exposure shots. So, one takes a large number of shots of the same exposure in rapid succession (like 8) and stacks them after aligning them. One gains 3 stops this way, it's like a 3 stop boost to SR. Capturing 3 images only adds 1.6 stops or less, depending on what exactly they did.

As Pentax already features stacking (called multiexposure with exposure compensation) and alignment (in the HDR drive modes), not featuring true autoaligned stacking from 4 to 12 images while marketing a night HDR mode would be a disappointment. This is why I asked.
10-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
You would not want to know how my Dutch co-workers are calling it
shall I tell him??