Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Great review filmamigo!

At first I was deffinetly saving for the k-5, but after your review I just might be leaning towards the k-r............?

10-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
It seems very odd to me. When I asked the Pentax rep for help engaging SR in Movie mode on the K-5, I was very confused. He looked at me very seriously and embarassedly said it didn't have it. I'm really hoping we are both wrong.

On another note, there was no DA L 35/2.4 at the show. Pentax Canada didn't get either samples or stock in time. They estimate one to two weeks for availability in Toronto.
I got an e-mail from my friend who has a K-5 in his hands right now - he's not a member of this forum.

The K-5 has SR available with Video. SR is Off in Video by default, but you can turn it on in the Movie menu.
As mentioned in my earlier post, SR is Off by default in video in the K-7 as well, Pentax explanation was the SR noise captured by the on-board microphone was found to be irritating by many users.
10-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for a great review, I'm seriously thinking about upgrading from K200D.

If you have M42, K, or M lenses could you try them on your new body and post your findings to K-5 and K-R with manual lenses, any improvements?
10-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
LOL, you folks are too kind. I am hoping to do a "real" review eventually, I just wanted to share my first impressions.

Also on my "to review" list.... the K20D, the MX, the MZ-S...

kittykat 46, thanks for the clarification. I have edited my original post, so that I am not spreading inaccurate information.