Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Camera received today, no issue with e-dial.

10-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had no issue with the e-dial, turning it quickly or slowly.
10-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
Site Supporter

I read some posts about the K-r e-dial issue. Someone with a k-r had the issue then it went away. another member with an older pentax dslr said he had the same issue, but it went away shortly afterwards, it had been caused by some condensation or something like that.

Its possible that due to shipping etc this could be the issue. If so the e-dial should correct itself after a little bit when the condensation/residue or whatnot wears off.

Anyone else finding this?
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm concerned as to whether I can rely on the K-r - faulty e-dial, AF front focus under tungsten... How likely am I going to run into a problem given a random K-r camera body?

--DragonLord

10-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
I'm concerned as to whether I can rely on the K-r - faulty e-dial, AF front focus under tungsten... How likely am I going to run into a problem given a random K-r camera body?

--DragonLord
Well as I just posted above the e-dial could just be a condensation issue, and might if present at all just disappear after a bit of use.

I think front focus under tungsten is a problem for a lot of cameras isnt it?

Many people aren't reporting any issues. Mine should arrive tomorrow....
10-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #21

Just got my K-r in. No e-dial issues at all... acts exactly as I would expect it too. I've scrolled quickly, slowly, both directions, in different menus... and all work okay so far.
11-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Forum Member

i got my k-r today, e dial is responsing slowly or doesnt respond at all. sometimes when i scroll it back it responds like i m scrolling forward.
so should i return it or will it work normally in time ? :/ it d cost me alot due to oversea shipping

11-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deathdream Quote
i got my k-r today, e dial is responsing slowly or doesnt respond at all. sometimes when i scroll it back it responds like i m scrolling forward.
so should i return it or will it work normally in time ? :/ it d cost me alot due to oversea shipping
That doesn't sound right, but if others say it has been fixed by itself maybe you can wait a few days before returning it? I've had mine for a few days now and haven't noticed anything wrong with the dial.
11-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine was the same.
I subsequently returned the camera and got a replacement, and the e-dial is working perfectly.
11-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #25
Forum Member

Original Poster
Same issue with my K-r when first received. Pentax said it could be returned for warranty service. Amazon said it could be returned and a new one purchased. I chose to buy new one from Amazon, make sure it worked, then return defective. Refund was handled well and was done very quickly by Amazon.
11-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #26
Site Supporter

my e-dial was fine straight out of the box. camera is great.

I vote +1 for a condensation/contact issue, that said if you dont see it going away quick after playing with it awhile, might as well do the return
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
Forum Member

after using the camera abit, the issue went away :] still missing a click i spinn it too fast but i find the dial functional and dont see a reason to send it for replacement
11-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #28
Site Supporter

after using the camera abit, the issue went away :] still missing a click i spinn it too fast but i find the dial functional and dont see a reason to send it for replacement
guaranteed its condensation then, should hopefully disappear all together with time. keep us posted
11-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #29

may I know more specific...how much use is "abit"?
thanks
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #30
Forum Member

i read on dprew about this issue, and a poster said it gone after taking some pics :P didnt count on his advice, so i take my camera to continous shooting n took a hundred pics in a row its been 2 days n dial is working as intended. still sometimes missing a click in a row, when i spin it fast.