Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Question to K-r users

Hi, why there is no discussions on this camera?

I have some questions for existing K-r users.

How about SR ready times? [shaking hand symbol] is it improved the same as in K-5? or you have to wait for it the same as in kx, and k20d?

what about shutter sound compared to something.. for example kx.

do all of you experience lagging mode dial problem? and slow selection of focus points?

also is there such function in Kr as in k5 for astrophotography about dark frame... do not remember precisely how it is called.
thanks

Last edited by Mystic; 10-26-2010 at 04:29 AM.
10-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Forum Member

You might check this thread
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/118131-pentax-k-r-has-arrived.html
10-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Forum Member

Comparing to my K200d the shutter sound on my K-r is a bit less at all the speeds I have encountered.

My e-dial does lag - sometimes quite a bit. I ordered mine through Amazon and checked with them, and they said I could return the K-r for a full refund and order another. I went ahead and order a replacement, and once it gets here, check its e-dial response and if it is like the K200d I have (good response) and if all other controls operate well, I'll return the original to Amazon and keep the later one.

The selection of focus points, and focus on a specific point when set up that way and much faster than the K200d, with a lot less "hunting". I like the included focus light on the K-r which illuminates in dim situations and helps it focus well.

I have not had any issues with the Shake Reduction system, and in fact left it enabled and haven't changed that. My K200d has an external switch to enable or disable it, but the K-r has a control from the LED menu to do this. I am not sure about the times you spoke of on the SR, and mine as well as the K200d always seem to operate without any intrusion on the picture taking.

So far, other than the lagging e-dial control, I really like the K-r.
10-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Inactive Account

hallenti,
I must have my "dumb" button on today because I can't figure out what the "e-dial" is...can you tell me or indicate where it is on your Pentax K-r? Sorry to bother you but I've been debating between the K-x and the K-r so would like to know for that reason.....thanks so much!

10-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The command dial. There's another, nearby thread about this issue.
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Thanks for the information regarding the command dial. I was thinking this was one possible answer but wanted to be sure.
10-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How about SR ready times? [shaking hand symbol] is it improved the same as in K-5? or you have to wait for it the same as in kx, and k20d?

Seems quick. Quicker than my K20D.

Not silent, but not loud either. I like the sound of this shutter. Much nicer than the higher-pitched "KA-Cheezzzzz" sound of the K20D, K10D and *ist DL. It's quiter than all those.

do all of you experience lagging mode dial problem? and slow selection of focus points?

No, quick on both. No problems at all.

also is there such function in Kr as in k5 for astrophotography about dark frame... do not remember precisely how it is called.

Sorry, haven't looked for it.
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks Hallenti for your response.

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote

Seems quick. Quicker than my K20D.

Not silent, but not loud either. I like the sound of this shutter. Much nicer than the higher-pitched "KA-Cheezzzzz" sound of the K20D, K10D and *ist DL. It's quiter than all those.

No, quick on both. No problems at all.

Sorry, haven't looked for it.

Appreciate your comment Filmamigo, it was very helpful.

the CF that i'm asking about is dark frame subtraction in custom functions.. is it there? on/off... as far as I understand it should make the camera better in capturing starry nights, because after the exposure of let's say 30min. it would give you to shoot again in less than one minute, while now, kx makes picture for something like 20minutes..

so, thanks again