Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arm_jstp Quote
I can tell that K-r looks even more gorgeous with DA limited lens. These lenses are too small for the K20D but look just right with the K-r.

For e-dail, I tried rolling from end to end with completely fast and very slow action to compare. The aperture changed to the same value, so I assumed my copy is fine with this issue. The bad thing is I need to -9 AF adjustment for all of my lenses which are perfect with the K-7.

My AF comparison video between Pentax K-7 and K-r with various lenses.
The first lens is DA 70mm limited, then FA 50mm macro, DA 55-300mm and DA* 16-50mm.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBGum0otXs[/YT]
thanks for comparison! it was helpful

it seems like kr is by 0.15 faster than k7 if for example k7 needs 1sec to focus, kr needs 0.85sec.

10-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
thanks for comparison! it was helpful

it seems like kr is by 0.15 faster than k7 if for example k7 needs 1sec to focus, kr needs 0.85sec.

I didn't count actual focus speed timing, but I feel the same! K-r seems to rotate focusing ring faster than K-7, may be due to higher power focusing motor. If it is faster than the K-7, then the K-r must be a huge improvement model over the K-X and Kx00D.

Last edited by arm_jstp; 10-26-2010 at 05:04 PM.
10-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arm_jstp Quote
I didn't count actual focus speed timing, but I feel the same! K-r seems to rotate focusing ring faster than K-7, may be due to higher power focusing motor. If it is faster than the K-7, then the K-r must be a huge improvement model over the K-X and Kx00D.
The k-r seemed much quicker focusing that 50mm!