Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
You're missing the point. You don't need to "cope" with ANYTHING you don't want. If you need a faster shutter speed to accomplish the image you have in mind, go into M and use a faster shutter speed!
Even Tv should work, which is what one would naturally use to get the desired shutter speed.

10-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
I remember "X" mode from my K10D. It seemed like a waste of space on the dial. M mode with the shutter set to 1/180s would accomplish the same thing, PLUS let you quickly use a slower shutter if you desired.
Of course, but this saves one step in making an adjustment :-)
10-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Even Tv should work, which is what one would naturally use to get the desired shutter speed.
Except Tv would set the aperture wide enough to expose for the ambient. In low light situations, this is probably going to be wide open unless you have the ISO jacked up or a low-light prime.

I guess if you don't care about DOF, you could use Tv set to 1/180s.

I prefer to control shutter speed, aperture and ISO myself, and let ETTL figure out the flash power when I have the flash on the hotshoe (off-camera I set the flash power manually)