Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2010, 12:32 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
You guys are getting pretty good deals because I haven't seen the Kr 2 lens kit for less than $999 but then again I haven't looked.

My reference for the "2x (or close to that)" was seeing the Kr with 1 lens for $829 and the Kx 1 lens for $450
There are a number of offer options floating around - Body only, 1 lens kit, 2 lens kit with different telephoto (I've seen either DA50-200mm WR or DA 55-300mm options), all different pricing.

You may have inadvertently compared one of the less attractive offers for the K-R and a rather good deal for the K-X.

10-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Turbo_Spool900 Quote
Slight off topic, but is it just me or does the K-x seem to render fine lines and details slightly better than the K-r (according to this test)?

Re: All sizes | high-key_ISO_elevator | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Look at ISO-100 comparison. The K-x appears to be a bit sharper. Maybe it's the exposure? Or were they both taken at exactly the same exposure?
I noticed the same thing. Could it be that focus is a bit off/different with K-r? But in the Low Key ISO elevator I think K-r has a bit better sharpness/detail.

Neglible difference in the grand scheme of things though.