Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #16

Original Poster
Great, now with K-r sections in this forum!

02-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #17

Hej! Jag är nybörjare och håller på att välja min första instegssystemkamera. Pentax k-r verkar som ett bra val, men jag är fundersam just över AF-punkterna och dess prestanda i termer av brus vid hög ISO jämfört med k-x.

1) Kan man endast välja en AF-punkt eller flera?
I videon på första sidan ser man att en enda AF-punkt lyser upp på k-r när man har tryckt in knappen halvvägs. När jag testade Nikon D3100 och Canon EOS 500D märkte jag att där var det flera punkter som lyste för att markera vad fokus hamnar någonstans.

Jag förstår inte riktigt om även de slutligen väljer en enda AF-punkt, eller om det är möjligt att fokusera på flera punkter samtidigt? Om det inte är endast en enda punkt som gäller, kan även k-r fokusera på flera områden? (Detta ser jag inte i videon).

2) Hur är k-r:s prestanda vid höga ISOtal jämfört med k-x?
Jag har läst mycket positiva recensioner om just k-x, men k-r framgick inte som lika bra - eller så kanske beror det på att när senare recensioner skrevs har flera konkurrenter introducerat jämförbara ISOtal med lågt brus?
Vad upplever ni, är k-r minst lika bra som k-x när det gäller bra skärpa och lågt brus vid höga ISOtal?

Har ni några argument för Pentax k-r framför Nikon och Canon vill jag gärna höra dessa också. Saknar den lilla gummistödet för tummen på Pentax nämligen, men är sugen på att bestämma mig för Pentax ändå
02-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #18
Forum Member

1) You can choose one of 4 types of AF. In the viewfinder one of the 11 points will lit showing you the point (on multiple points) where the focus is.

If you want know more here's a link to the manual. Page 122:
http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-r.pdf

2) In the reviews I read K-r performed better than K-x when it comes to high ISO shooting.
As far as I remember one review stated that K-r's ISO 1600 looks like ISO 800 on K-x's.

If you're interested in high ISO performance then you will not find any better camera in this price range. I think Nikon D90 is be K-r's rival in this area but it's an more expensive camera.
K-r has a "bump" next to the memory card slot that prevents your thumb from falling
Rubber might be nice, but it lack doesn't spoil anything.
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice video, AF is better on K-r (had no doubts about that), but i'm not at all ashamed with my K-x! Nice to see illuminated points in the viewfinder, and LV looks great! K-r is the newer and better camera, but you can't go wrong with K-x either! Took me 2-3 months of research when i bought my first DSLR, and the winner for me was K-x. I liked the in-body SR, decent ISO, nice colours, ok kit lenses, great support on this forum, was able to try both bad and good old lenses (K, M42), manual mode, focusing etc.
Short story, K-x was and still is a good teacher for me.

02-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brydzo Quote
2) In the reviews I read K-r performed better than K-x when it comes to high ISO shooting.
Which reviews, do you have a link? The K-x and K-r are equal in high ISO performance according to anything I've seen, including pro reviews and forum buzz.

DXOMark is the authority on sensor performance, and they rank low-light high ISO for the K-r at 755 vs 811 for the K-x. That is close enough to call them equal, but definitely no ISO advantage to the newer camera.
02-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
Forum Member

Can't find that review at the moment but reviewers wrote about ISO 1600:

QuoteQuote:
We’re pleased to report that below ISO 1600 you won’t really need to worry about your images – our tests came back virtually indistinguishable from each other.
Read more: Pentax K-r review | PhotoRadar

QuoteQuote:
Shots at ISO 1600 showed only the smallest hints of noise
Pentax K-r review (with DAL 18-55mm) | Expert Reviews

As far as I remember reviewers didn't prise ISO1600 on K-x that much. I may be mistaken, though.
02-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #22

Hi! Does the mirror slap when shooting in live view with the K-r, just as it does in the K-x?
02-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #23
Forum Member

Wysz, it works the same way as in K-x.

02-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #24
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by wysz Quote
Hi! Does the mirror slap when shooting in live view with the K-r, just as it does in the K-x?
It's logical. Don't you think that the sensor mustn't be "obstructed" by the mirror in Live View?
02-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #25

Should have done a more thorough search, but thanks, Brydzo!

ursamajor, my understanding was that the mirror flips up when in live view in the K-x, then flips down and up again when you take a picture, so the sensor isn't 'unobstructed' all throughout.
02-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #26
Banned

Yes, only in LV the sensor is unobstructed.
03-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #27
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hands on, the K-r has great performance. The AF in LV mode is *vastly* improved and accurate.
Kudos to Pentax for creating this little gem for an entry-level model.