Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #1

Pentax K-x vs. Pentax K-r

Goodpics say hello to the pentaxforums. I like Pentax because it`s not canikon normally (). At the moment we have K-x, K-r, K-7 and soon one K-5.

Here is the compare about the new Autofocus Savox IV+ (Pentax K-r) and the Autofocus Savox III (Pentax K-x, white):

And here the new Live View, he works really great:

Pentax produce a gread new camera with more speed in Autofocus and Live View.

10-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
thanks goodpics for videos.
10-31-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It seems k-r's LV (contrast based) autofocus is much improved, while the with FV (dedicated sensor) performance is similar (?).
10-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The k-r has safox IX, not IX+. The plus denotes a light wavelength sensor, which is found in the 645D and the K-5. Nevertheless, seems the new af is much more accurate, and faster!

10-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
@ Adam:

• 12,4 Megapixel CMOS
  • Empfindlichkeit bis ISO 25600
  • Bildfrequenz 6 B/Sek.
  • SAFOX IX+
  • Duale Stromversorgung LiION Akku oder 4x Mignon
  • HDR Automatik
(everything from pentax.de)

Where you read about the Safox with no "+"?

Last edited by goodpics; 10-31-2010 at 02:33 PM.
10-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by goodpics Quote
@ Adam:

• 12,4 Megapixel CMOS
  • Bildfrequenz 6 B/Sek.
  • SAFOX IX+
  • HDR Automatik

From Pentax.

Focus System: Type: TTL phase-matching 11 point (9 cross) wide autofocus system (SAFOX IX) Focus modes: AF Auto, AF Single (w focus lock), AF Continuous (available in Action mode including Auto Picture Action, Kids, Pet, Stage Lighting, Night Snap, P/A/S/M/B/Sv), Manual Focus point adjustment: 11 point auto, 5 point auto, AF point select, center/spot AF assist: Yes, via dedicated AF assist lamp with SAFOX IX system
11-01-2010, 04:54 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
From Pentax.

Focus System: Type: TTL phase-matching 11 point (9 cross) wide autofocus system (SAFOX IX) Focus modes: AF Auto, AF Single (w focus lock), AF Continuous (available in Action mode including Auto Picture Action, Kids, Pet, Stage Lighting, Night Snap, P/A/S/M/B/Sv), Manual Focus point adjustment: 11 point auto, 5 point auto, AF point select, center/spot AF assist: Yes, via dedicated AF assist lamp with SAFOX IX system

Digitale Spiegelreflexkameras - PENTAX Europe Imaging Systems

Pentax now what is really inside, or it is simply a mistake on the european homepages. I don`t think that the camera is other here in europe.

11-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The k-r has safox IX, not IX+. The plus denotes a light wavelength sensor, which is found in the 645D and the K-5. Nevertheless, seems the new af is much more accurate, and faster!
I agree, the K-r focus system is not +, because it doesn't have the tungsten AF module.

Regarding the video, I would just like to point out that it's much easier to autofocus on a white camera with black trim than it is to AF on a black camera with black trim. Also, some of the time the focus confirmation was on the floor, not the subject. Better targets would have made for a better test.
11-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I agree, the K-r focus system is not +, because it doesn't have the tungsten AF module.

Regarding the video, I would just like to point out that it's much easier to autofocus on a white camera with black trim than it is to AF on a black camera with black trim. Also, some of the time the focus confirmation was on the floor, not the subject. Better targets would have made for a better test.
I now what you mean about the black/white, and the focus from the K-r was at most on the black scroller from the K-x. The test is really not perfectly, but the difference between the autofocus is to see.
11-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #10

i don't care so much about the phase detect AF difference, they have always been pretty fast for my needs, but WOW at the LiveView focus!
11-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice, alot less k-k-krrrr-k-k from the k-r
11-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
Inactive Account

hard to nail down the differences in phase detect since pointing the cameras to the same locations were not so consistent.

i don't seem much difference in phase detect, but still a bit better than the kx
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goodpics Quote
@ Adam:

• 12,4 Megapixel CMOS
  • Bildfrequenz 6 B/Sek.
  • SAFOX IX+
  • HDR Automatik

Yup, it's a typo, just like the "DA L" designation for the 35mm on the Pentax USA website. Apparently the different Pentax branches can't reach an agreement on what to name their products

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, it's a typo, just like the "DA L" designation for the 35mm on the Pentax USA website. Apparently the different Pentax branches can't reach an agreement on what to name their products
I have send an email to pentax germany and i tell you what is the answer.
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #15

Original Poster
Ok, pentax say that only the K5 & 645D have this sensor. The K-r is without, but on the homepage it is still wrong...

Pentax K-r - Digitale Spiegelreflexkameras - PENTAX Europe Imaging Systems