Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by darrenjweiss Quote
Thanks, Docrwm...I should have read more diligently. Does anyone have any experience with Ebay seller "plaza-onlineus"...? Price is right, but I wonder if it'll take 40 days to get here?

-DJW
No worries, its a long thread.

I'd like to know too as that is who I ordered from yesterday

06-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #77
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I ordered from hawk1500 and the adapter was great. You can probably contact him in the Forum as he is a member and sells on eBay too.
06-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #78
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I just got mine today from SHS (Plaza-onlineus) on Ebay via

Brand New Battery Holder Box for Pentax KR K-R Camera (eBay item 300558235068 end time 16-Jul-11 16:02:14 AEST) : Cameras

It took 9 days including the weekend to arrive. I have closely inspected it and can not find Pentax stamped on it any where but I am very impressed at the quality of its manufacture.
It is most definitely not a one piece moulded cheap bit of junk. It is actually 8 intricately moulded pieces interlocked and screwed together.

Well worth the money paid.
06-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #79

The AA holder was a "special order" at the local camera store and took a week to arrive.

However... unlike a previous poster, mine has Pentax/Hoya markings on it and what appears to be a six digit serial number on it.

06-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #80
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
The AA holder was a "special order" at the local camera store and took a week to arrive.

However... unlike a previous poster, mine has Pentax/Hoya markings on it and what appears to be a six digit serial number on it.
6 digit serial number and possibly 6 x the cost.
06-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #81

Quite possibly 6x the cost...
08-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nobbys Nuts Quote
I just got mine today from SHS (Plaza-onlineus) on Ebay via

Brand New Battery Holder Box for Pentax KR K-R Camera (eBay item 300558235068 end time 16-Jul-11 16:02:14 AEST) : Cameras

It took 9 days including the weekend to arrive. I have closely inspected it and can not find Pentax stamped on it any where but I am very impressed at the quality of its manufacture.
It is most definitely not a one piece moulded cheap bit of junk. It is actually 8 intricately moulded pieces interlocked and screwed together.

Well worth the money paid.
All right, I just ordered it. Thanks for the tip.

08-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Back in stock at Amazon

Amazon.com: Pentax K-r 39100 AA Battery Holder-Adapter D-BH109: Camera & Photo

Don't know if anyone here needs one, but it looks like the OEM Pentax is back in stock. Better price too.
09-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered one Aug 22 from plaza-onlineus on the Bay. Arrived today, Sept. 3.
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #85
Forum Member

I just ordered one from Amazon last week. Amazon.com: Pentax K-r 39100 AA Battery Holder-Adapter D-BH109: Camera & Photo
09-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #86

Ordered one last week from the amazon link a few posts up. It came in the mail yesterday. Loaded it with some LI-ion AA's and it works great.
It is a Pentax branded item, not an aftermarket chinese unit.
09-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I have read on the market, the aftermarket ones work just as well. So I bought one for under $8, rather than the ridiculously priced Pentax branded one.
12-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #88
Moo

I have been considering upgrading to the K-r, but this battery system seems very poorly designed for an otherwise good camera.
If the compartment is designed for AAs (the "ribs" inside suggest it is), why not just have contacts inside it for AAs, as with older Pentax cameras? Why a seperate (very expensive) little adapter? Or, if an adapter is necessary, why is it expensive and optional instead of included?
Or.. If it's not designed for AAs, and they are a secondary use.. Why not have space for a larger (higher capacity) "block" battery in there, and not the "ribs" to make it "AA shape"? An AA holder with a slightly different design could fit in such a space too.
Another missing option is CR-V3. The shape of the compartment looks basically compatible with them, but with the AA holder it wouldn't be. Leading me back to thinking the holder is stupid and there should just be contacts in the compartment compatible with AAs AND CR-V3s. Rechargable CR-V3s with their higher voltage (which may or may not hurt other cameras) would be ideal, and not give the performance drop of AAs.
12-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #89
Veteran Member

I think the AA holder is very much a secondary option. There is nothing wrong with the Li-ion battery that comes with the camera, and aftermarket versions are cheap and available (and just about as good as the genuine article). They're small and light, carrying a second in your pocket isn't a hassle. That said, I have yet to need a second one. I get, under normal outdoor usage, about 500 shots to a charge on the Li-ion. This number of course drops if you're using Live View or the pop-up flash a lot.

I think they only included the possibility of using AAs so that people moving up from the K-x, that have a stack of AAs already, can go on using them. Some people find it simpler because they have a bunch of AAs for their flashes and such. If you don't fall into either of these groups, the Li-ion is probably your best bet. As for why the Li-ion isn't bigger, I would speculate it's a measure to keep weight down. It doesn't need to be huge, it works great in the current form factor.