Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax K-r Minor Issue: Button fell off

Ok before everyone jumps on this and makes it seem like a problem affecting all K-rs...

So I have used my K-r for maybe a couple of hours. Yesterday the button that you depress to remove a lens, Fell off. Its not broken but looks like the small end that might hold it in place could be a bit malformed hence causing it to almost randomly pop out.

Im afraid if I lose it (it looks like a $.001 piece) I will have to send it back to friggen pantax for a month or two.

I have contacted the seller to see what my options are.

If someone here has seen this issue before and its just a matter of a bit of crazy glue or something let me know. Last thing I want though is to mess with this camera in the wrong way.

Otherwise the K-r is fantastic...

11-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If it was mine, I'd return for a replacement. No sense in spending that much money for a 1 in a thousand defective part.

Jason
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Forum Member

You should be able to go back to the store and swap this for a new one. (Assuming you bought it at a store and the people there are reasonable.) Basically, it is unused, so an exchange is in order.
11-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah thats what Im going for, bought it out of province so a bit of a pain but hopefully there wont be any issues with the exchange

11-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Robinsons camera spoke with Pentax who said that if the button fell off there must be an internal issue because they are secured internally.

I'm sending it back for a new one.

Robinson's Camera, where I ordered it from, was very good about the issue, no issues with the return even though it is a bit past there usual return timeframe.

d