Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

Just got my K-r... Nice hot pixel in video mode

Just tried the video on my brand new K-r. There is a nice blue pixel in the middle right part of the screen. It shows up nicely on all the videos and in live view.

Pixel mapping did nothing either.

WTF

11-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is said stuck pixel on the sensor or on the LCD screen? Its not entirely clear from your post.
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Is said stuck pixel on the sensor or on the LCD screen? Its not entirely clear from your post.

It's on the sensor. The pixel shows up in videos only. (The camera's LCD screen is fine)
11-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Stuck or hot pixels are a fact of life in digital photography. They are seen more easily in videos than in photos. And you can clone them out of photos much more easily in PP than you can with video. All camera models have the problems - Google hot pixels and see the thousands of hits regarding D7000's and D3100 and Canons.

Try to map out the pixels using the utility in the menu. You can also try to swap the camera for one that doesn't exhibit hot pixels now, but there's no guarantee that it won't develop even more over time.

11-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DonP Quote
Try to map out the pixels using the utility in the menu. You can also try to swap the camera for one that doesn't exhibit hot pixels now, but there's no guarantee that it won't develop even more over time.
I tried pixel mapping repeatedly with no luck.
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Hot pixels seem to come and go but I've had a couple that showed up in stills I was able to map. If you're within your return window you should probably do an exchange.