Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Rear LCD Problem

I received my K-r from Newegg and, darn, the LCD displays everything a sickly green. I even removed the battery for 24 hours hoping it would reset. Before RMAing it back, I couldn't resist trying it out. I'm really happy with it. The pictures themselves, even at high ISO, are outstanding. Noise cleans up easily. The camera Is very lightweight and easy to carry. I'm hoping the replacement arrives quickly. Has anyone else run into this issue?

11-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleased you enjoyed your new K-r it's a great camera.

I'm not a K-r owner but my K20 has an adjustment in the Set Up menu to alter the LCD colour. I would be very surprised if the K-r didn't have the same - you did check this before sending it back ?
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I very seriously doubt that's an adjustment that can be made. One of the color drivers is out on the camera display circuit. Either in the screen or the driver chip itself (wherever that resides).

11-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
K-r Rear LCD Problem

Hoping that it could be an easy fix, I did try to adjust the screen, first trying small increments and then pegging it all the way in each of the 4 corners, but, unfortunately, no luck. It just defied me and stayed a sickly green regardless. I also took the battery out for 24 hours... just in case.

Well, this is only the second digicam I've ever owned since 1997 (out of many) that has had any problems whatsoever, so I guess I was due. Already got an RMA and shipped it back, and I'm hoping they're still in stock when it arrives back at the vendor.

I was very happy with the quality of the photos themselves, and the camera itself is great to carry around.

11-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter

send it back. first run of a new camera, there are bound to be a few kinks to work out
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Got to admire your philosophical attitude. If it were me I'd be furious! Good luck.
11-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fotaki Quote
Got to admire your philosophical attitude. If it were me I'd be furious! Good luck.
I had to send mine back as well for a different issue. Nothing is perfect doesnt matter how much something costs. Its not an ideal scenario, but being furious doesnt change anything, just ruins your day
11-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #8

Original Poster
I've owned a lot of digital cameras since I received my first one as a Christmas gift in 1997, and this is only the second one that hasn't been perfect. Not such a bad average, really, and, after all, the pictures themselves were just great. I'm looking forward to receiving the replacement which should be shipping out today or tomorrow.