Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K-r locked up

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has had this problem. The K-r has froze on me twice. Both times I was just playing back a video clip and it stopped mid way. I had to remove the battery to get it to shut down. Worked fine after I re-started it. I am using a Sandisk 2GB Ultra II memory card. I've only had the camera for about a week.

thanks,
Peter

11-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Inactive Account

There have been a few with K-5's say they had a freeze. I've not had it happen with my k-r. The suspicion is the battery had the voltage dip under the load of video or live view and that caused the freeze up. One poster said they could make it happen by turning on the camera and removing the memory card before a shot or something like that. So far it seems to be a rare occurrence.
12-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yea, My k-x has frozen up on me a few times. It is weird. I turn it off and wait a few seconds and things are fine. But one time it happened twice in about 20 seconds. But then never again????
So there you have it.
12-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Last week both my 40D & K-m were frozen at the same time which had never happened. Turned out it was the static charge caused by very dry atmosphere. Earthed myself and both started working again.