Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #31
Forum Member

Just hit the 'info' button a couple times...

02-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #32
Banned

Oh, I found myself this solution. I thought there is another permanent solution.
This is a minus that I found at camera, the fact that you cannot deactivate permanently the LCD...
02-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
To be honest, I never managed to completely disable it.
It always stand turned on before and after taking a photo.
Neither have I. If there's a setting to disable the rear screen that would seem lame in a camera with no top mini LCD to refer to settings that the VF doesn't provide as well.

I think you'll find that battery charge-life extends when you become more familiar with your camera and settle into a mould of favourite settings and habits.

Might be why everyone's results come out different, some really do seem to get huge numbers of shots, maybe due to their natural handling behaviour? Which isn't instinctive to me so I get far less on average, and some friends report even worse.

My stoopid phone needs charging every 3 or 5 days too, bastard thing...

O.T: Hey ursa, have you got a T mount for it yet and managed to get any shots with the new K-r bolted to your 650mm lens?

I was in a local National Geographic store the other day and saw a 130EQ on display but the guy said it didn't have a motor drive. Is that right?
Would you buy the same again or a differnt model or brand? Is computer controlled worth the extra?

.R.
02-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #34
Banned

I didn't get a T mount, yet. But I will.
There are two sorts of 130EQ, motorized (130EQ MD) or not. Anyway, the motor drive can be bought separately. No, it's not computer controlled, only for RA axis. But it's sufficient enough to take some long exposure photos and tracking objects.

PS: I have the variant without motor drive. But I already put it on my wishlist.
PPS: Skywatcher or Celestron are the same brand, one sold in Europe, the other in America. So, the Skywatcher MD will fit on Celestron telescopes and viceversa.

Last edited by ursamajor; 02-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.
02-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #35
LIJ
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
Unfortunatelly, I've noticed that my Li-Ion original D-Li109 just allow me to take about 200 photos. I'm more than convinced that 4 AAs will last more than that.
I have had the exact same problem. I contacted my retailer who said that there must be something wrong with either the battery itself or the way the camera body extracts power from it. So he took it in for repair. Haven't got it back yet so I can't tell if there indeed was something to repair.

According to the test figures you should get around 500 shots from one battery charge and they never turn of the display when they do these tests, so that shouldn't be the reason for this sort of very bad battery performance (although I'm sure it will make some difference whether its on or off)

UPDATE: Got the camera back from the shop. They said it had been tested out and nothing was wrong with it nor the battery. So now I don't know what to think. Some seem to get good battery life out of their batteries and some don't. Thinking of buying another battery to see if that changes anything...

Last edited by LIJ; 02-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.