Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #1

K-r First Impressions and help needed

Hi everybody
I recently bought a pentax, a white k-r. what a great camera, i have recived a lot of compliments about how beatifull it is and the great pictures i can get with it (well, i have a couple of limited, so its almost like cheating)

Anyway, i can talk for a while numbering the good things of the k-r, but i need help with something.

Right now the "drive mode" button is somewhat unresponsive, i must push really hard to make it work, sadly i bought the camera outside USA from amazon, so technically i have no support.
My question is, can i open de camera to try to fix this, for my self? too hard? too risky?

thanks in advance and sorry the bad english

Luis

11-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Sekul, welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problem. I don't think I would undertake a repair myself. There is quite a bit of disassembly to do to get at the 4-way switch pad. Amazon is very good in customer service when it comes to replacing defective merchandise. Please contact them and explain your problem. I'm sure they will issue you a return for your k-x and send a replacement. Good luck. And welcome to the club.
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

I had an issue with my new K-r which I bought from Amazon. When asked, they said they didn't have an "exchange" policy, but would be happy to refund my money once the defective camera was received, then I could buy a replacement. They were true to their work and the refund came very quickly once they received the camera.
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi
Thanks for the answers and the welcome. I must say i live in chile and its a little bit too hard to exchange the camera on amazon, and no even mention the risk from more taxes in my country (almost 30% more)

This issue is really minor so i think i will keep the camera, my last camera d90 sometimes suffered the f-- error. that is anoying

11-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter

thats too bad, I guess the shipping costs would be too much for a return. You could see if it came with a Pentax worldwide warranty and maybe get it serviced? Or call Pentax or look online and see if they have any recommended repair centers in your area of Chile.

which one is the "drive mode" button anyways?
11-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
thats too bad, I guess the shipping costs would be too much for a return. You could see if it came with a Pentax worldwide warranty and maybe get it serviced? Or call Pentax or look online and see if they have any recommended repair centers in your area of Chile.

which one is the "drive mode" button anyways?
This is the button

Off topic: Pentax has gained a lot of popularity here with the pentax k-x, especially the white one.
I really hope they keep offering