Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #16

Sorry to bring up this 5 month old post but I couldn't fine anything else on this. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I can not do exposure bracketing with a remote or timer. What's the point of having bracketing if you can't do it without keeping your finger on the shutter release? I know it's not a complicated thing to achieve because my crappy kodak p&s z950 could do it. Very frustrating.

04-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by A10B Quote
Sorry to bring up this 5 month old post but I couldn't fine anything else on this. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I can not do exposure bracketing with a remote or timer. What's the point of having bracketing if you can't do it without keeping your finger on the shutter release? I know it's not a complicated thing to achieve because my crappy kodak p&s z950 could do it. Very frustrating.
There is nothing else on it. There simply is no way around it. Well, outside of manually running the bracket which violates the hands off principle.

They could, I believe, fix it easily with firmware. Simply turn on remote when the drive mode it set to bracket. Given that all anyone wants to talk about is FF issue, this will never ever get enough play to be corrected. I am going to guess that the majority of K-r users do not even know what you are talking about here. Besides <sarcasm> why do you need this when you have HDR mode?</sarcasm>

If enough people complained about it, Pentax probably would fix it though you have to understand that this is likely done specifically to drive users to the higher end camera.

I sold my K-r for this reason. Just does not work for me. Great for family/kids stuff, great as a small compact dslr for walking around. Nice high ISO, and got some keepers with it. Even managed to pound out some hand held brackets that I could composite and/or stack.

Mine had FF like all of them do. Tungsten preset helped a little and LV was a perfect workaround. People complain that LV is too slow for this, but what the hell FAST do they think they are going to capture at f/2.8 or larger in med to low tungsten light anyway? It's an over hyped issue. I can provoke the same thing in my K20D and K10D. It simply does not come into play as a practical matter. If you are shooting kids indoors, it had better be at smaller than f/2.8. Whatever...

But if I cannot put it on a tripod and shoot a bracket hands off, its not the camera for me. The shame for me is that I saw what the high ISO can do and will simply have to bite the bullet and go to the K-5. So Pentax' line in the sand works, and you may never see a fix. And I'll have the FF issue anyway... for twice the price ... heh.

Seaain