Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2010, 03:55 AM   #1

K-r Camera case/bag

Anyone know of a suitable case/bag for a K-r that will attach to a belt?

11-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #2

My suggestion is Lowepro Adventura 170. There is two belt loop at the back!
Besides, it's roomy and light. You can put one DSLR and two lens or one lens plus a flash in it. In the end, the most important thing is it's VERY CHEAP!!!
11-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think that it attaches to a belt, but I have had good luck with the Pentax sling bag as far as convenience is concerned. It just slides over your shoulder to access everything safely.
11-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Not a bag, but a way to carry your K-r on a belt: Home : Spider Camera Holster

11-26-2010, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by AstraNine Quote
Anyone know of a suitable case/bag for a K-r that will attach to a belt?
I'd recommend trying to put a camera bag on your belt with your gear loaded before you spend a lot of time looking for the ideal belt bag.
I was surprised to realize how heavy and ungainly it feels what looks nice on a screen. Not only does it pull your belt down, it also bounces around a lot (even when attached through two belt loops).
What i would recommend is a bag which has the belt built-in, like the Crumpler Jimmy Bo series. This feels a lot more secure plus it does not weigh your belt down. It can also be worn along with a backpack - decisive factor for me as we're leaving for a 3-week trip in India in December!
I have the Jimmy Bo 400, which can house my Pentax K-r with the hooded Tamron 18-250mm attached - which is quite long. It comes with an extra strap that you can attach around your leg to secure the bag for more active hiking/sports.
Crumpler Jimmy Bo 400 ? Photo Bags

Hope that helps.
12-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I'm in need of a bag too for my k-r and two kit lenses so I'll post here instead of starting my own thread.

The Lowepro Adventura 170 looks nice, and in my price range.
I've been looking at a Pentax branded sling bag too.

I'd like to hear some more suggestions.
I really need a bag that can stand up to really cold temps (down to -30c) and also keep moisture out fairly well (though I don't really need "waterproof").
12-29-2010, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photochimp Quote
The Lowepro Adventura 170 looks nice, and in my price range.
I've been looking at a Pentax branded sling bag too.
I'd like to hear some more suggestions.
I really need a bag that can stand up to really cold temps (down to -30c) and also keep moisture out fairly well (though I don't really need "waterproof").
OK I admit to having an A-170 now (the sales dork threw it in when I bought a K-r recently) and yeah it's "nice", in a sort-of way, but I have nil intention to use it.
Trouble is, camera bags always scream "Expensive Camera Gear in here, STEAL ME!!" (You might enjoy K.Rs take on that here; http://kenrockwell.com/tech/bags.htm look under the subheading Stealth). Anyhow, so for me, this one is destined to find home as token gift for a, not quite friend.

For those reasons I tend to be very much partial to the types proposed in this discussion below, as befitting enough for lugging my junk;
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography/119759-target-lunch-bag-camera-case.html
For your specs and needs, stuff designed to carry and keep food and drink dry and cold (or warm), should be quite conducive to serving as a friendly, safe & sound e-toy$ environment in inclement weather.

That is unless you're the audacious type, and want to advertise or feel dressed for the part. But treading outside the circle shouldn't be a prob for a Pentax owner, surely.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 12-29-2010 at 03:47 PM.
12-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #8

Stealth!

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
OK I admit to having an A-170 now (the sales dork threw it in when I bought a K-r recently) and yeah it's "nice", in a sort-of way, but I have nil intention to use it.
Trouble is, camera bags always scream "Expensive Camera Gear in here, STEAL ME!!" (You might enjoy K.Rs take on that here; CAMERA BAGS look under the subheading Stealth).

.R.
I take the stealth approach for camera bags as well - I'm really not interested in advertising the fact that I'm carrying $1,500+ worth of gear on me to the general public!

I use a Faded Glory denim hobo bag, pictured below, purchased from the women's department at Walmart for $15! Since it lacked any real cushioning, I double folded a thick, fluffy hand towel and sewed into the main compartment, and that's where I keep the camera and any lenses I might want to use.

The hobo has enough room for the camera, a couple of lenses, a few manuals, a cellphone, chargers, usb cables, cigarettes, gum and the occasional bottle of booze!
Attached Images

Last edited by 1 Snap Music!; 12-31-2010 at 01:15 AM.
12-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What lens?

Lowepro TLZ mini for K-X and 18-55mm ( perfect tight fit ) or the TLZ. Tamrac 515 will hold K-X with a 55-300mm with hood reversed or similar sized lens.
12-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Any thoughts on the Lowepro Rezo 180 AW?
Looks like a decent bag, and the price isn't too bad.
It's small enough that I could fit it inside a backpack I have if I wanted to hide it while out walking around.
01-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 1 Snap Music! Quote
I take the stealth approach for camera bags as well - I'm really not interested in advertising the fact that I'm carrying $1,500+ worth of gear on me to the general public!
Exactly my ideas - I like casual looking bags. What do you guys think of Lowepro Passport Sling for a beginner. I don't think I'll have to carry more than one extra lens for near future. So, it should work for me, right?