Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Kinda Picky I know-cable release socket?

Does the K-r have the socket allowing one to plug in one of the RF controlled shutter remotes, that use the cable release socket?

Not a deal breaker, but would be a "right now" deal maker if it had it.

11-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No. Pentax only includes a shutter release socket on high end cameras. The K-r only has the IR sensor on the front of the camera.

The closest thing to what you want is the Pclix LT.

http://www.pclix.com/pages/pclix_more.html

Last edited by boriscleto; 11-27-2010 at 02:57 PM.
11-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Forum Member

Jump onto ebay and by a cheap third party remote shutter release. Only a few dollars and works fine. It is IR, but seems to have good range and work from even behind the camera.
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Forum Member

I agree about doing the eBay route. I did for mine and for a few dollars had what is a universal remote for several camera brands that works just fine with the K-r (and the K200d I had before). No need to buy a Pentax brand for the IR remote in this case.

11-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm... let me clarify the original post... or at least add some information here.

To use the IR remote as is suggested here, you have to put the camera drive mode in Remote or Remote 3 second. This precludes the use of other drive modes.

With the kind of remote for which the the OP is looking, you can put the camera in exposure bracketing drive mode and fire off the bracket with the remote. This kind of thing is possible on the K20D and K10D. So for example, you want to fire multiple shots at one time using the remote. You cannot do this with the IR remote. With the radio type remote and a K20D, you can put the drive mode in multiple exposure and simply hold the button down. it will fire until you let off the shutter release.

Think of it this way... it is not so much a remote like the IR remote as it is just like pressing the shutter button with your finger. It would increase your options on the K-r...

I agree, this would be a great thing. No such luck.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 11-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.