Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-R defective ViewFinder or Mirror?

Dear All,

I just bought a Pentax K-R 18-55 55-300 kit.
The camera is great but I have a problem on the viewfinder and I would like to share it with you all to understand if this is a defect or it's a "feature" of the new pentax cameras.

When I try to see into the view finder and take a shot I see a strange repetitive patter on the viewfinder. I see something like a flower patter around the center of the screen, many concentric lines around the focus middle point, transparent lines.

Imagine a partial "finger print pattern" repetead ad a radius around the middle AF point.

There is not a finger print on the mirros or the prism, it happens with any kind of lens and you do not see that on the LCD or on the taken image.

It's really an annoying pattern that take my attention while focusing of the composition of the picture or using the manual focus, maybe it is more seen outdoor.

Please, can anybody let me know if you see the same effect in the viewfinder before I send it back for service?

thanks a lot.

11-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it's normal for all the cameras (((((:
it means you jus have a good eyesight to notes the structure of focusing screen inside of view finder
11-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

WHat a title' Defective??
11-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You must have come from cameras with electronic viewfinders. On cameras with optical viewfinders the focus screen has traditionally been made of ground glass (roughed up on one side) with modern screens being made with patterned plastics. Without that roughness/pattern there would be no "screen" for the image to appear on. Your camera is normal.

11-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Raylon

That's odd. I have never noticed this on any SLR I have used before. Does the Kx have this same effect? I will have to look more closely tonight at my roommates.
11-28-2010, 02:28 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
I will have to look more closely tonight at my roommates.
Drop by the punctuation store and buy an apostrophe first. It's the difference between camera inspection and being creepy.
11-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Drop by the punctuation store and buy an apostrophe first. It's the difference between camera inspection and being creepy.
damn that was funny!

11-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Head to the marketplace and sell your bag of a.s.s.hole, it's overflowing a bit. I think everyone here knew what I was saying. Only a perverted piece of garbage like yourself took it that way. Kthxbye.

Last edited by Raylon; 11-28-2010 at 04:34 PM.
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Head to the marketplace and sell your bag of a.s.s.hole, it's overflowing a bit.
That was pretty funny too but Mike's a good guy and I'm sure he meant no offense.
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
That was pretty funny too but Mike's a good guy and I'm sure he meant no offense.
It was extremely offensive to me. Basically calling me a homosexual. Not cool. He should be banned for it. I missed one apostrophe and he went all grammar Nazi. There was absolutely no reason for it at all. Out of all the people that come in here and type the most garbled crap he chooses to pick my post where I always use(mostly) complete sentences and good grammar. Like I said, a complete moron and he should be banned
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
damn that was funny!
+1
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #12
Pentaxian

It was extremely offensive to me.
It was just a joke. And a good one too.

I didn't read any of the things into it that you associated with it. Mike has a great sense of humour and it seems you just got the wrong end of the stick.
12-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, this is the funniest thread yet.
Somebody has his shorts on awfully tight though.
I just presumed that the roommate was of the opposite gender BTW, not that it would make a difference unless one is homophobic.
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
Veteran Member

'bout time that guy was gone, IMO. Thanks for doing the honors, Mike.
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was extremely offensive to me. Basically calling me a homosexual. Not cool. He should be banned for it. I missed one apostrophe and he went all grammar Nazi. There was absolutely no reason for it at all. Out of all the people that come in here and type the most garbled crap he chooses to pick my post where I always use(mostly) complete sentences and good grammar. Like I said, a complete moron and he should be banned
I was imagining your roommate might be a female supermodel. Way to spoil my mental image!

But really, I don't think it was meant as an insult. A grammar Nazi wouldn't be making jokes, they would be calling in the Grammar Gestapo.