Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #1

K-r Exposure - Over, Under or Just Right?

I'm in the market for either a T2i or K-r. I like the K-r specs but have heard conflicting things about its exposure. One photo mag did a quick test and said it overexposed some shots, while other sites mentioned Pentax cameras may underexpose. I am totally unfamiliar with Pentax. Are they typically spot on for exposure, or do some models need to be tweaked (+/-)? Do all DSLRs have some issues on exposure that need to be worked around?

11-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Camera metering is calibrated based on 12-18% grey. That means if you photographed a white wall, the histogram should be somewhere in the middle for any cameras. The difference comes when the actual gets complicated and different cameras have difference preferences. It's safe to say no camera is perfect for all scenes. Just pick your camera and learn to work with it.
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one thing with Pentax camera is they have a lightness adjustment. If you find all your images slightly lighter or darker than what you want you can adjust this in the image shooting mode and all your images will then be calibrated to what you like as an exposure.

This is not EV i'm talking about its light dark adjustment. After I adjusted mine the images are all spot on with exposure. In fact many times I don't even need to adjust anything unless I want to turn it into HDR or something.
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Forum Member

with my k-r i havent noticed any exposure problems while using da series lenses. when i was using k10d, it was underexposuring 1 step with manuel lenses. but k-r seems to be perfect about exposure