Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #1

AF-C auto 5pt AF. SR off

DA 50-200 1/250s f5.6 ISO 1600.

An amusement park ride. I guess most have an idea how fast this goes.

I got 8 shots in about < 5 seconds standing at the perimeter. First shot coming to me. If you're wondering why it's not 6 fps, the motor-driven-long-focus-throw lens is the culprit. I set for focus priority in the custom setting.

Not only was the subject moving, but I was also panning to get the subject in the frame. All the shots are in acceptable focus considering it's set to f5.6.

12-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad! I think the AF here is accurate, and that any blur here is motion blur due to shaking or slow shutter speed.

In my tests, I've found 11-point green AF to be much easier to operate, however.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not bad! I think the AF here is accurate, and that any blur here is motion blur due to shaking or slow shutter speed.

In my tests, I've found 11-point green AF to be much easier to operate, however.
Thanks for the comments!

I was panning while shooting, plus I did not want to increase the ISO to increase shutter speed and DOF.

My primary goal was how much AF-C has improved with the K-r. With the DS, I had a hard time locking at bridal entourage walking down the aisle .

I guess this shows how much has imprroved.

I had the notion that 5pt AF would be faster due to lesser points arguing among themselves .