Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter

K-r lcd protective cover?

Can someone point me to a quality K-r lcd protective sheet?

I would like for the protection to reduce smudges and be durable. I think i've seen some protectors that appear to stick out...I'd like a thin flat protector if possible..

12-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd recommend bestbuy's ghost armor. As overpriced as it may be, the stuff is practically impenetrable and does an excellent job of protecting any surface. I've had it on my phone for a year now, no peeling, no damage

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For the last 12 months, I use a simple plastic sheet to protect the LCD of my K-7 (sam size as the K-r LCD, I belive). The plastic is non-sticky and fixed simply by invisible tape around. It works fine even outdoor under the rain.

For thoughts....
01-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #4

I just purchased and installed the Invisible Shield for my K-r. I have one on my iPhone and love it - impervious to scratches, no glare, excellent clarity, easy to clean from marks or spots, and does smudge or show a lot of fingerprints (pretty good for a touch screen phone!). They are easy to install and can be removed without leaving residues and they have a lifetime warranty. The Canon EOS 500D (Rebel T1i) version fits the K-r perfectly and is $15 from Amazon.

01-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have had good results from an ebay seller called screenpatronus2. They sell three packs for $12.49 including shipping. Not every camera is listed, but they have protective covers for most cameras, including all the Pentax models.
01-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've got the ACMAXX armour, for K7, but it fits amazing, looks amazing, and most of all, performs amazing. I wouldn't consider anything else