Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
KR blurring problems anyone?

I have a KX that sometimes generates the double image blur at 1/60s i.e. the problem that is denied by many but acknowledged by those of us who have it.

The KR is virtually the same camera in mass and shape but with a faster shutter, something has changed in the shutter mechanism.

Has anyone so far reported or found a double image blur issue at 1/60s?

I'm thinking a) it would be great if Hoya sorted it out and b) confirmation that one specific model in the range i.e. the KX has the problem - if it is a handling problem then someone out there will get the blur as well but if it is camera mechanicals problem then maybe the new model has dealt with the problem. Or not?

12-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Forum Member

it wasnt k-x problem :P it was problem of some of the k-x's
i ve been using k-r till 2 month n never experienced such an issue
12-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #3

Well, i have the my k-r attached almost exclusively with the da40 2.8 and using autoiso, which means that almost all my shot are in the 1/60 range.
And no, zero blur
12-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I haven't had any "mirror slap" or SR problems with my K-r so far. Some K-x camera bodies had such an issue that disappeared when SR was switched off, but the vast majority of my pictures were taken with SR on and I have not had any blurred pictures in the 1/40 to 1/160 range while using SR.

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 12-10-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added details
12-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #5

Used for half a month, took a lot of shots within 1/30 and 1/100, no mirror slap problem like the K-x.
12-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
I shoot a lot between 1/10s and 1/100s handheld with SR on. No blur problems with my new K-r so far. I exclusively use compact primes, which makes it perfectly stable combo with the small body. With a large zoom attached there would possibly be more images with some sort of blur.

But neither with my previous K-x (used in the same fashon) I had no image-blur problems. In fact K-x was the first Pentax camera which I managed to make perfect panning shots with longer exposure times.

cheers,
d
12-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jlaubza Quote
I have a KX that sometimes generates the double image blur at 1/60s i.e. the problem that is denied by many but acknowledged by those of us who have it.

The KR is virtually the same camera in mass and shape but with a faster shutter, something has changed in the shutter mechanism.

Has anyone so far reported or found a double image blur issue at 1/60s?
1. In the several months that I've flogged my K-x, I can't recall being plagued by the issue you mention, other than what I can definitely put down to PEBKAC that is.
So not confirming or denying that it exists.

(Anyone know what is the PEBKAC equivalent for the camera world?)

2. I was unaware that K-r has a faster shutter, only that its specs run from 1/6,000th through 30s, to Bulb, same as K-x. And of the two I can't say that my up-yours finger senses any real difference in the respective shutter buttons. Well yeah... maybe the K-r is a bit 'smoother' or 'softer' and is slightly quieter - but that might just be new factor assessment at work, a placebo. Do shutter mechanisms get clunkier over time? Being mechanical componentry I expect so even if only in a small way but normally decay wouldn't be noticeable due to slow familiarisation by the user.

Or did you mean some other definition of "faster"?

3. Yes and maybe. As *it happens, I found one only pic I took yesterday with a new K-r at 1/60 is double-imaged, blurred, ghosted or whatever.
It was a pic of mostly text on my PC monitor so easy to see the duped background, and I can't easily relate a known cause to why it should have came out that way.
Others I took at same time that happened to be 1/60th shutter too didn't double, although some are noticably movement-blurred or off focused, and for want of trying I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on demand since reading your post.

So, a one-off accident maybe? Sorry if that's no real answer to your query.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 12-14-2010 at 02:10 AM.