Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
Forum Member

I had this issue on my old K200d the very first day I had it. Tugging and twisting with reasonable force wouldn't budge the lens, and I hesitated to really force it. I too found that the feeler gauges did the trick to get the pin out of the depression and thus avoided over-stressing the mount or the lens. The lens was immediately sold on eBay since I no longer trusted it. It was time to replace it anyway.

12-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
its fixed now. feeler gauges likely would have been the cheapest option, but at this point after all the BS, for piece of mind, I just paid the price to have it removed by a tech...
12-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Glad to hear :-) I hope things work better from now on; it seems you have gotten your share of equipment grief lately.
12-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
yup nothing but peace, bliss and perfect photos from here on out

12-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
Forum Member

Just went thtough this exersize myself with a old kr A lens that I used on my MX and Super program film bodies....still do. I no sooner twisted it on and a alarm bell went off in my tired old brain about problems with kr lens. Sure enough it was stuck. It did not seem to fit my new Kr as snug as my film bodies though. I was lucky in that by twisting firmly and jiggling the lens it came off much to my relief. I love the lens but won't chance using it on my Kr again though. Is this how LBA begins???
12-17-2010, 06:16 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Richo pin

Here is an article about removing the 'R' pin. It is not difficult.

theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix
12-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was just using my k-r again. Now it seems there is a small hair or piece of string or something very small about 2-4 mm in my viewfinder. Not showing on photos, cant see it on the viewfinder or lens. Maybe some hair or something got onto the focus screen?

What do I do to get it off, its a bit annoying but thats all. Compressed air?
12-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #23
wll
Veteran Member

Don't twist anything hard with delicate camera gear, it may end up cost you lost more than $100.00.

Yes, the Ricoh lens thing is a problem, and it happened to me on my old DS.... thankfully the lens did not go on because the blade lever arm is to long on the Tokina lens I had.

Remember, if you have an old lens or ? and you don't know for sure, check the forum, I'm sure somebody has tried it, done it, or fooled with it ;- )

wll

12-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
I was just using my k-r again. Now it seems there is a small hair or piece of string or something very small about 2-4 mm in my viewfinder. Not showing on photos, cant see it on the viewfinder or lens. Maybe some hair or something got onto the focus screen?

What do I do to get it off, its a bit annoying but thats all. Compressed air?
You can use compressed air or a rocket blower. If you do use compressed air, blow some out of the nozzle BEFORE you stick it into the body. This will clear any liquid out of the plumbing inside the can. You never want to spray the liquid - just the gas. Hold the can upright and don't tip as this will also risk blowing liquid out instead of the air. I usually keep the can flat on a desk or table and reposition the camera as I once accidentally tipped the can and got some liquid on my AA filter. It took a wet clean to get rid of the remnants of the droplets. Another tip is to use short blasts. Only pull the trigger enough to release gas because if you got full blast you run the risk of ejecting liquid. Practice with the stuff BEFORE you actually try to clean so you get a feel for it.
12-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DonP Quote
You can use compressed air or a rocket blower. If you do use compressed air, blow some out of the nozzle BEFORE you stick it into the body. This will clear any liquid out of the plumbing inside the can. You never want to spray the liquid - just the gas. Hold the can upright and don't tip as this will also risk blowing liquid out instead of the air. I usually keep the can flat on a desk or table and reposition the camera as I once accidentally tipped the can and got some liquid on my AA filter. It took a wet clean to get rid of the remnants of the droplets. Another tip is to use short blasts. Only pull the trigger enough to release gas because if you got full blast you run the risk of ejecting liquid. Practice with the stuff BEFORE you actually try to clean so you get a feel for it.

Thanks!
07-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
Inactive Account

me and my friend took it off this way.
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #27
Forum Member

Wow, just... ...wow.

I think they meant sawing it off gently. With a hacksaw.

Does the camera still work? That can't be good for any DLSR...
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Ha, yes. The camera works perfectly!! I've been using it all day.
07-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MistaSwag Quote
Ha, yes. The camera works perfectly!! I've been using it all day.
Maybe BOTH of you should have been wearing eye protection...?

Just maybe?
07-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #30
Veteran Member

man...you could have damaged very, VERY expensive material there....you could have read about pressing the pin with a feeler gauge!
That was crazy .
Glad the camera made it though.
(fine basement and tools by the way...i would use them for other things but hey each one his own methods eh?).