Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-r Body $584 BNIB from Amazon

Amazon.com: Pentax K-r 12.4 MP Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black Body): Camera & Photo

12-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The price of this camera has been dropping like mad iover the past few days. I think B&H will match this price if you call.

Last edited by krebsy75; 12-14-2010 at 06:49 PM.
12-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Are you sure it's not a K-5? tongue

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you sure it's not a K-5? :tongue:
Huh? It's a K-r from Amazon. I think its obvious that its legitimate......

12-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool - thanks for sharing.
Now all I need is for the K-r + DA 35 2.4 kit at similar prices...
12-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well the K-x + 2 lens kit (18-55-300) is also on sale at Amazon for $699
Amazon.com: Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL and 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED Lenses (Black): Camera & Photo
12-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-r is back up to $650.

12-15-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
K-r is back up to $650.
That's been the pattern for the last few weeks with Amazon pricing for the K-r and K-x (and well may be for others that I do not follow). The K-x + 18-55 & 55-300 was as low as $625 at one point.
12-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

629 from buy.com... from beach camera.... decent seller... at least it's not from antonline....

Buy.com - Pentax K-r 12.4 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) - Black
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That's been the pattern for the last few weeks with Amazon pricing for the K-r and K-x (and well may be for others that I do not follow). The K-x + 18-55 & 55-300 was as low as $625 at one point.
Yep, Amazon like to do shifty Hit & Run specials and only allow them to last for a few hours at most, it's obviously contrived just to generate lots of fast & loose "talk" all over the Internet, and the ensuing traffic to their website.
Mouth to Mouth being one the best, and certainly the least costly, methods of (self-promo) advertising known.

[..start spin..]
Look how much the place is quoted here, even for similar priced offers to what both Adorama and B&H offer (or will match), and the latter two directly support this site and also have reps who post helpful info here too.

In contrast Amz has that long running domains-interlinking feud going with PF website (indirectly via its well known reviews-site mouthpiece dpR), they appear to officially alienate their business from PF et al., so might it not be reasonable for buyers from here to ask how much is spite factor worth to them, when choosing their online merchant for camera equipment purchases?

(Note: I have zero affiliation with any of the above and am just expressing personal opinions and preferences here. Conscience founded and service/experience based as they are - and I make no apologies for that.)
[..end spin..]

.R.
12-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
Yep, Amazon like to do shifty Hit & Run specials and only allow them to last for a few hours at most, it's obviously contrived just to generate lots of fast & loose "talk" all over the Internet, and the ensuing traffic to their website.
Mouth to Mouth being one the best, and certainly the least costly, methods of (self-promo) advertising known.

[..start spin..]
Look how much the place is quoted here, even for similar priced offers to what both Adorama and B&H offer (or will match), and the latter two directly support this site and also have reps who post helpful info here too.

In contrast Amz has that long running domains-interlinking feud going with PF website (indirectly via its well known reviews-site mouthpiece dpR), they appear to officially alienate their business from PF et al., so might it not be reasonable for buyers from here to ask how much is spite factor worth to them, when choosing their online merchant for camera equipment purchases?

(Note: I have zero affiliation with any of the above and am just expressing personal opinions and preferences here. Conscience founded and service/experience based as they are - and I make no apologies for that.)
[..end spin..]

.R.
Don't know about any of that, I've been a Prime Customer of Amazon's for years, never had 1 problem with them, ever, and have gotten some of the most amazing deals from them ever - on anything. When I did ask others to match them I got the same lying song-and-dance about them not being a "real" store, etc. So, I stopped and just bought from them. They ship incredibly fast, the items have always been BNIB when advertised as such, and if I ever had a problem of just plain changed my mind they took it back without ANY hassle. Good company all around IMHO.
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
Forum Member

I pre-ordered from Amazon right after the F-r announcement for a certain price. I noticed when the release date came and it was available, the price had dropped by something like $35. I checked with Amazon and asked that since the price had gone down and the product hadn't yet shipped if they would honor the current price. Without hesitation they did and changed the price to reflect the current ordering price (it had not yet officially been released for shipment).

I see now they are are much less than I paid. But, I made the choice to buy (pre-order) when I did as I was excited to get it as soon as I could, and decided to buy right off, knowing that the price would most likely come down. All stores make their money by selling items at the prevailing prices, and I can't fault them for that. I do not think that Amazon (specifically in this case) is "out to get" anyone, and I have had excellent service from them, and when there are issues (I had one with my first K-r) they were quick to offer options and solutions.

I bought my first DSLR (the Pentax K200d) from a "camera store" on the east coast, and the phone representative assured me it was in stock and ready for shipment (it had been released months before). I waited and waited and when calling back, always had to leave a message and didn't get call backs. I eventually got another rep who said that they were having supply issues, and I did eventually cancel my order for a refund and ordered elsewhere. So, non-camera vendors can be better or worse than a "real" camera camera store when it relates to claims that are unfounded, pricing, etc. I for one have had excellent experiences with Amazon.
12-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #13

I bought the K-r w/ kit lens from Amazon for $699.99. The price dropped by $70 a few days later, so I sent an e-mail asking for a refund of the difference and my request was granted. Gotta love Amazon.
12-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #14
Veteran Member

get the dual lens kit for 750, unload both lens for 250 (easily), net body = 500... that's what I would do. I actually would keep the 55-300 though lol. that's a pretty kick ass lens for 200.