Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #1

How to handle Continuous AF during movie recording

I tried to record movie and wanted to have an AF effect of video camera like. When object, or camera moves I wanted AF refocused accordingly.
Can someone give me a hand about how to do it. I'm new on k-r.

12-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Navajo Quote
I tried to record movie and wanted to have an AF effect of video camera like. When object, or camera moves I wanted AF refocused accordingly.
Can someone give me a hand about how to do it. I'm new on k-r.
Why do I think you already know the answer?
12-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter

There is no continuous AF with video on the K-r, MF only. only the nikon d3100 does this, and not very well anyways.
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
This means continuous focus is not continuous focus. Can we re focus pressing the shutter half way again when needed? I will try that. But MF,CF terms has been confusing for me. Not a simple or my understanding was not ok.

12-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is no AF while recording. Only manual focus. You can only use AF before you start recording.
12-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Navajo Quote
This means continuous focus is not continuous focus. Can we re focus pressing the shutter half way again when needed? I will try that. But MF,CF terms has been confusing for me. Not a simple or my understanding was not ok.

The continuous focus is for still pictures not movies. Meaning if you are shooting sports or something and your subject moves or something else comes into the frame the AF will adjust. But not for movies.

As I mentioned even the Nikon d3100 that has continous AF for video, its terrible and does not work well. Im pretty sure most ppl who make movies use MF exclusively.
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks folks. I got it now. I had understood continuous focus as continuously recording during movie record. But I got it now, continuous focus is for the still images during high speed shot. Thanks for the support.