Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-r amazing battery life

Just fired off over 300 shots of waves, surfers, fishing boats, seagulls, cormorants and pelicans in flight, and one squirrel (not in flight), mainly just to see what the camera would do. Never missed a moment. Caught full range of wing motion and positions in flying birds. Long and short bursts, no waiting for write or save. (I use viewfinder, not "live view" and I also use a Class 10 card; maybe that helps.) Even shot a brief test video. And the battery is still holding up ( exactly what they say in specification: Pentax K-r ). This is a very good camera for action shooting.

I'm very happy with this camera. Images are crisp, colors are nice without any adjustment, zoom is great. There are a lot of upgrades over the k-x. I got lucky and got the k-r kit for only $100 more than the k-x kit. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, and frankly, I would have missed out. I'm keeping the Fuji S100 also; it has cable remote and takes great pictures at all ranges. But it doesn't have the same burst capability.

12-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What does it sell for in Hungary?
12-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #3

so far i've shot 4 weddings.
average shooting time from 5am to 3 pm
and captured arund 1100 images every session..

the battery is good, though it would be useful if pentax distibute the AA adapter too wth the camera
12-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #4

I'm totally agree with you ricoh. It would be so nice if Pentax had distributed the AA adapter with k-r. I would feel myself more comfortable with this addition. This feature was one of the trigger of my selection of k-r. But it is not included. Just a cheap plastic part that is not delivered. This is a disappointment for me.

12-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #5
Inactive Account

bonjour,

ma batterie semble se décharger très rapidement, le temoin devient très vite orange, je trouve cela surprenant et je fais donc recharger souvent la batterie, ce qui n'est pas pratique! je crois que je vais acheter l'adaptateur AA
12-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #6

I wasn't impressed at all with the battery life of my Pentax K-r. However, there might have been an issue with the battery or its battery-monitoring in addition to the E-dial problem for which I returned it. Hopefully the replacement will have the excellent battery life you've gotten and will also have a functioning E-dial and no focus issues.