Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 11:25 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Chat w/Pentax Regarding K-r Front Focus

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Matthew P.
Matthew P: Thank you for contacting Pentax Chat Support. How may I help you?
Dennis: Last week I bought a K-r for my wife. We mostly love it but it seems to be front focusing in incandescent light.
Matthew P: I’ll be with you in a second.
Dennis: Ok. I've got a K20d, K10d, and had a K7 for awhile. We noticed the pics on the K-r looked soft so I tested it last night. The most focused image was the one taken with the adjustment at -10
Matthew P: I’m here.
Matthew P: Thank you for your patience.
Matthew P: So tell me about your camera, please.
Dennis: I did...
Matthew P: I read that.
Matthew P: So how long have you had this Kr?
Matthew P: one week?
Dennis: Almost a week.
Matthew P: Well, if your camera is not working correctly then I suggest sending it back to the retailer for an exchange.
Dennis: Is this a known issue for the K-r?
Matthew P: No. We do not have this as a known issue....Is this with one lens or all your lenses?
Dennis: The test was with one lens. But the softness appears with other lenses as well. I intend to test all of my lenses in different types of light.
Matthew P: Yes, please.
Matthew P: Just to let you know. If you want to send in one lens with your Kr, the repair facility can actually adjust this lens to work properly with your camera. And this would also fix the problems you're having with your other Pentax lenses.
Matthew P: So, you can either send this in or you can exchange it.
Dennis: We might do that. I want to test all of my lenses first. I did have CRIS repair and calib. one lens. Of course, I'm aware that they calibrated the lens to their gear and not ours.
Matthew P: Alrighty. Well, the choice is yours.
Matthew P: Just let me know, and I can send you the info that you need.
Dennis: Can you send me information on that? Also, regarding autofocus in incandescent light, is there a best practice to ensure accurate focus?
Matthew P: Information from CRIS can be found at criscam.com. Or you can contact them @ 877-269-7179 -dial zero to bypass the automated voice-
Matthew P: Or you can check out https://www.criscam.com/retail_faqs.php
Dennis: Does Pentax cover the cost for calibration?
Matthew P: If you are under the warranty then they will cover the cost. You send it in though.
Dennis: ok
Matthew P: Do you have any other questions for me?
Dennis: Not at this time.
Matthew P: Alright. Well, thank you for contacting Pentax. Hope you have a good week.
Thank you for using InstantService.

12-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The significance of this chat is that you can send your camera and lens to the Pentax service center for a free calibration. This is provided your camera is still under warranty.
12-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is good to know. Thanks for posting.