Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #31
Banned

Can you attach pictures with front focus, please?

01-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #32

Please post some pics of the proplem.
01-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
My camera is presently at C.R.I.S. and I may not have it for a number of weeks. I hope the problem is solved when I get it back...

--DragonLord
01-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #34
Veteran Member

How do you like your Vivitar, DragonLord? I've been considering selling my MX for one.

01-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bsamcash Quote
How do you like your Vivitar, DragonLord? I've been considering selling my MX for one.
The Vivitar has a surprisingly solid feel (mostly metal construction), but the lens unexpectedly broke; one of the internal lens elements unexpectedly became loose and now rattles inside the lens, causing the lens to fail to focus to infinity. The V3800N body, nonetheless, is very good, but the meter can be tricky (very basic, with over- and under-exposure and correct exposure LEDs only) until you get used to it. I'm planning to get a D FA 50mm macro lens to replace the broken Vivitar 50/1.7.

You can get a V3800N kit with 50mm lens for $169 at B&H. I suggest you take a look at the specs and reviews before you buy; I've heard of many meter and shutter failures with this camera (although my camera body has no problems).

--DragonLord
01-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
The Vivitar has a surprisingly solid feel (mostly metal construction), but the lens unexpectedly broke; one of the internal lens elements unexpectedly became loose and now rattles inside the lens, causing the lens to fail to focus to infinity. The V3800N body, nonetheless, is very good, but the meter can be tricky (very basic, with over- and under-exposure and correct exposure LEDs only) until you get used to it. I'm planning to get a D FA 50mm macro lens to replace the broken Vivitar 50/1.7.

You can get a V3800N kit with 50mm lens for $169 at B&H. I suggest you take a look at the specs and reviews before you buy; I've heard of many meter and shutter failures with this camera (although my camera body has no problems).

--DragonLord
Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about your lens. From what I've seen, it's a pretty soft lens anyway.
01-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote

--DragonLord
Sorry about the lens, but it's a good excuse to get a spanner tool and learn about servicing a lens. What do you have to loose?