Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #136

If it's true that the problem is related to hardware, then Hoya should do something to take care of K-r owners -- a promise of a significant discount to the replacement model without the problem, for example, and an admission of error.

If it's true that they knew all along and made a calculated decision to release a defective product, I will get rid of their gear and move to a more trustworthy brand.

05-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #137
LIJ
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
IF this is true, then that means Pentax knew all along that the K-r had this issue and they went ahead and released it anyhow with no documentation to warn the buyer of the limitation.
I don't think that is the case. That does not make any sense business wise. I get the impression that Pentax wants to take market shares from Canon and Nikon in the dslr segment and this would of course be counter productive. All that will happen is that they get a lot of unhappy buyers who will retur their cameras as soon as they notice the problem telling everyone they know what a lowsy company Pentax is.

It seems more like they missed this problem and really dont know what to do about it now. I guess they're looking under every rock for a possible solution because if they officially state that there is none, they will get a lot of K-rs in return. Maybe the "white balance workaround" was a way to buy more time.
05-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #138
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Taobat Quote
If it's true that the problem is related to hardware, then Hoya should do something to take care of K-r owners -- a promise of a significant discount to the replacement model without the problem, for example, and an admission of error.

If it's true that they knew all along and made a calculated decision to release a defective product, I will get rid of their gear and move to a more trustworthy brand.
Or maybe thow a free lens
say a 55-300 DA L (doen't have to be an expensive one)
or 18-135 would be good but I am dreaming here
05-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #139

QuoteOriginally posted by LIJ Quote
I don't think that is the case. That does not make any sense business wise.
I understand why it may not appear to make sense business wise. But the only way to know that is to see the costings of the fallout vs. the cost of delaying the cameras release, modifications and reproduction. I think you'd be surprised at the resultant outcome of such a discussion or meeting at Pentax. Option number 2 is very, very expensive...

05-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #140
LIJ
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
Option number 2 is very, very expensive...
True.