Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
Hypo, on the european sites the firmware 1.01 is still available. See the Downloads tab.
Thanks for that info ursa. I have a copy stored anyway (for reference reasons) but wouldn't advise anyone to even bother with it now.
1.01 didn't really offer one thing needed or helpful to normal people, so missing it avoids a potential crash. Like you suggested, waiting for 1.02 is only smart.

Good thing is Pentax firmwares are a cumulative upgrade anyway, so you can miss an increment or two with confidence that it won't create problems.

.R.

02-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #107
Banned

You're welcome!
Yes, indeed, generally the firmwares are cumulative updates.
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #108
Forum Member

I expected Pentax not to post a FF fix and that is what happened exactly. I returned my camera 2 months back, and 2 months is a long time.

Sorry guys, there is no fix coming.
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #109

Pentax is going to get many cameras returned... and bad publicity.

04-13-2011, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Unbelievable negativity! Guys, do you realize that Pentax engineering is in Japan? Do you have A CLUE what happened there a month ago? Do you think you should maybe back off? Go return the blasted camera if this is such a problem. I'll tell you, I live in an earthquake zone; I have clients in both Christchurch and Tokyo. What happened in Japan was - and still is - very disruptive, more so than the Christchurch quake and way more so than anything I've been in. People in Japan have hardly had an opportunity to begin to get back to normal and you can expect problems and delays for the next 6 months to a year - Tokyo is facing major power shortages this summer so companies are trying to deal with that too. So be patient.
04-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #111

QuoteOriginally posted by piledon Quote
Unbelievable negativity! Guys, do you realize that Pentax engineering is in Japan? Do you have A CLUE what happened there a month ago? Do you think you should maybe back off? Go return the blasted camera if this is such a problem. I'll tell you, I live in an earthquake zone; I have clients in both Christchurch and Tokyo. What happened in Japan was - and still is - very disruptive, more so than the Christchurch quake and way more so than anything I've been in. People in Japan have hardly had an opportunity to begin to get back to normal and you can expect problems and delays for the next 6 months to a year - Tokyo is facing major power shortages this summer so companies are trying to deal with that too. So be patient.
Just to be clear, I really, really sympathize with the Japanese at this calamity. While I'm waiting for the update, I'm not going to spew fire and brimstone about it.

But:
They should have gotten it correct in the first place. I mean how hard can it be to detect that there was a severe FF problem in Tungsten? Aren't there any more of these in Japan?

I'm getting misfocused shots with static subjects (low percentage though) in broad daylight that I did not ever experience in 3 years with my slower focusing DS.

The calamity has hit Japan and maybe it's economy. Losing consumer confidence would not help Pentax one bit at all. And I'm saying that because I want my chosen brand to succeed.

Ok, I think I've said enough on the matter. I'll just be quietly waiting for the fix from now on.
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #112
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 3drives Quote
Sorry guys, there is no fix coming.
How could you possibly be so certain that "no" fix is coming? More negativity from the sound of it. Always easier to point fingers when you don't know what is involved in the process. I agree with piledon... send 'em back and buy something else that is perfect.

04-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #113

It's a horrible tragedy that happened in Japan. Everyone understands that and feels bad for Japanese people :-( However, Pentax has had half a year time to fix these issues. They should have at least given some kind of official statement about the issue. Now no one really knows, if Pentax is ever going to fix the issue.

I bought K-r on January and have been suffering from severe ff issues from the first shots. Fortunately, seller now agreed that solving the problem has taken too long time, and agreed to give me money back. This is sad because I really like this camera in many ways. Focusing problems are just too serious to be forgotten.

If I knew for sure that fix will be released, I would wait. However, no one knows that. Maybe I go to local camera shop and test some more recent K-r with a higher serial number. After that it's time to get money back and buy Nikon D7000.

Last edited by robroy; 04-15-2011 at 10:59 AM.
04-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #114
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GrinMode Quote
But:
They should have gotten it correct in the first place. I mean how hard can it be to detect that there was a severe FF problem in Tungsten? Aren't there any more of these in Japan?
As far as I know you can use the live view with no problems in Tungsteen .

as for getting it right how many patches has microsoft given us to fix problems since any software that they have released??
Canon and nikon have released several patches over the years to fix problems in
their cameras.
04-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by costas60 Quote
Canon and nikon have released several patches over the years to fix problems in
their cameras.
pa što onda čeka pentax, problem sa baterijama za kx firmware je izašao u razumnom roku,bio je i najavljen,i ja imam kr i smeta mi puno ovakvo ponašanje pentaxa-ignoriranje korisnika
04-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #116
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mbukal Quote
pa što onda čeka pentax, problem sa baterijama za kx firmware je izašao u razumnom roku,bio je i najavljen,i ja imam kr i smeta mi puno ovakvo ponašanje pentaxa-ignoriranje korisnika
Like everything the problem has to be found it has to be fixed and then a patch
to be made . I do not think that canon and nikon put out patches overnight.
and as it has been said before at the moment in Japan there are more serious problems to be fixed.
As I said if it bothers you that much use the live view at the moment for tugsteen light as it works perfect
04-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #117
Pentaxian

da je meni dobro koristiti LW nebi kupovao dslr nego neki napredni kompakt, to nije riješenje to je samo jedna od mogučnosti koja ipak ograničava ukupan rad a cca.180 dana je jako puno za neispravljanje te velike greške i ja kao korisnik drugoga (prvi je bio k-x) dslr pentax aparata sve više gubim povjerenje u Asahi korporaciju kao firma koja brine o svojim korisnicima
ps.nadam se da griješim
04-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #118
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sorry about the japanese disaster but the ff problem has been known too long. Are all the parts made in Japan, and is all the assembly done there?
04-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #119
Forum Member

Tragedy is a tragedy! But,

It is a shame that tragedy which happened only 1 month back is used as an excuse. Pentax K-r was released 8 months back and there have been endless complaints on FF. So, how come the tragedy which happened 1 month back is used as an excuse?
04-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #120

Hindsight is a magical thing for those who are fortunate enough to be able to use it. For everyone else but those righteous few, as evident with the k-5 update, it's something that Pentax would most likely have had on their 'to-do list' which was subsequently put on hold due to one of the worst natural disasters the modern world has ever witnessed?

At first I understood everyone's frustration with issue, my K-r suffers from this as well. But now that Pentax has acknowledged it, surely everyone can wait out quietly. OR put their money where their mouth is and buy something else if it's causing that much grief?