Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #91

|{}{!@#!@#$!$#!!!!
Just talked with chat support...... the guy told me that they don't know nothing about it.....
QuoteQuote:
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Michael C.
Michael C: Thank you for contacting Pentax chat support Jorge, how may I help you?
Jorge MARTINEZ: hi Michael.....
Jorge MARTINEZ: I have a K-r and it has some problem with the AF
Jorge MARTINEZ: many forums have already speak a lot about it
Jorge MARTINEZ: and aparently is some front focus under artificial lights conditions
Jorge MARTINEZ: specially with tungsten lights
Jorge MARTINEZ: with my 18-55 or 50-200 is not such a big deal (however a litle bit anoying)
Jorge MARTINEZ: the real problem is with the 50mm @1.4.....
Jorge MARTINEZ: there is any way to correct this? should I send my camera to service?
Michael C: there is no known issue witth the Kr and low light
Michael C: I would suggest maybe sending us some pictures, you can send them through our webform on our website
Jorge MARTINEZ: wich webforum?
The agent is sending you to Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site.
Jorge MARTINEZ: ok..... if you go here Pentax K-r Forum - PentaxForums.com
Michael C: please do not amke any editing changes to the pics and use low settings
Jorge MARTINEZ: there is pleny of topics discussing the front focus problem of the kr
Michael C: you can also email info@pentax.com
Jorge MARTINEZ: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-r-forum/128330-yet-another-k-r-a...00-1-01-a.html
Jorge MARTINEZ: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-r-forum/127941-pentax-k-r-firmwa...te-1-01-a.html
Michael C: there has been no information sent to us about any known issue issue with the camera sir
Michael C: i am sure they are looking into it and they would post any information once they have looked into it
Jorge MARTINEZ: .... ok.... so what's the procedure? should I send you an email describing the problem and giving you some example pictures>
Jorge MARTINEZ: ?
Michael C: yes
Michael C: tot the email I gave you
Michael C: info@pentax.com
Jorge MARTINEZ: ok.... I will....
Michael C: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Jorge MARTINEZ: no, I thinks that will be all....
Michael C: Thank you for contacting Pentax chat support Jorge, have a great day!
Jorge MARTINEZ: thx, u2

02-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #92

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jorgemarmo@K100D Quote
|{}{!@#!@#$!$#!!!!
Just talked with chat support...... the guy told me that they don't know nothing about it.....
The person I spoke to via online chat, admitted to the problem and helped me send my camera to CRIS.
I'm still waiting for the repair. CRIS says they are waiting on a software update. They can't confirm if its firmware or just
The actual af software adjustment. Still waiting......
02-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #93

As far as I am concerned, there is no doubt that Pentax will try to fix the FF issue with a new firmware.
In the case of Pentax US - they are just not confirming it directly, but the guy said:
'Michael C: i am sure they are looking into it and they would post any information once they have looked into i'
This is an indirect confirmation. Pentax Germany and Pentax Europe has confirmed it in communication with users directly already.
02-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #94

Don't hold your breaths now people, but Pentax Japan has no reference to K-r F/W 1.01. The page has been deleted, and it has been removed in the list of F/W updates.

02-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #95

@allfastar -
I don't read those assurances as being "indirect confirmation" at all given that Michael C also said "there has been no information sent to us about any known issue issue with the camera" and "there is no known issue with the K-r".

I spoke to a Pentax technical hotline yesterday here in the UK and the person I spoke to also claimed not to be aware of the issue (despite the fact that this was my second K-r unit with the problem).
02-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #96
Forum Member

Try e-mailing Pentax Europe (France). They have confirmed that they know the issue is present. I wrote to them and they answered:
"Our engineers and software developers are working intensively on a firmware update solution to solve the front focusing issue."
02-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #97

QuoteOriginally posted by Matso Quote
@allfastar -
I don't read those assurances as being "indirect confirmation" at all given that Michael C also said "there has been no information sent to us about any known issue issue with the camera" and "there is no known issue with the K-r".

I spoke to a Pentax technical hotline yesterday here in the UK and the person I spoke to also claimed not to be aware of the issue (despite the fact that this was my second K-r unit with the problem).
I am sure that the denial of the problem is the official version, however, I think Michael clearly hinted that: 1. Pentax is working on a solution and 2. Pentax will announce it ONLY after it is ready. This was the first time I see such a hint in comunication with Pentax US and I have spoke to them myself! However, this is not that important. For me, what the Bulgarian Pentax representative said is enough and that is that Pentax Germany confirmed that Pentax is working on a firmware in order to fix the FF.

02-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #98

QuoteOriginally posted by alffastar Quote
For me, what the Bulgarian Pentax representative said is enough and that is that Pentax Germany confirmed that Pentax is working on a firmware in order to fix the FF.
That is a good thing to hear, as the local store in Skopje where I bought the k-r is importing Pentax from the regional Pentax (I think Bulgaria). Thanks neighbour
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #99

"Michael C: we are aware but do not have any definitive information at this point
Michael C: all i can suggest is to contact us again or keep an eye out for an official post"

asking about FF and firmware update

US Support

just thought I'd post it
02-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #100

Just got a new K-r, how do I find out what firmware mine uses?
02-23-2011, 03:44 AM   #101
Banned

Use PhotoME and load an unmodified image taken with your Kr. You'll see the firmware. Or, turn the power on, while pressing the MENU button.
See here:
02-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #102

Okay then version 1.00 it is. Is it important to upgrade my firmware immediately?
02-23-2011, 04:02 AM   #103
Banned

Maybe better you wait the next firmware 1.02. No, it's not so important...
02-23-2011, 04:06 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AstraNine Quote
Just got a new K-r, how do I find out what firmware mine uses?
Hold down the Menu button while you boot up the camera.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if you find it to be v1.00, that is the general current issue.

1. An update 1.01 was made publicly available for a short duration, then subsequently pulled, so the next treadmill number due is 1.02 R.S.N.

2. PLEASE DON'T ASK WHEN! Nobody that bangs keyboards on forums would know anyway.

3. Monitoring the official Pentax Support website [below] will provide answers, not speculations or rumours that won't solve any camera problem that might exist in yours.
Software Downloads : Support & Service : PENTAX

.R. -- But I heard from a friend of a friend who has an uncle who once saw a Pentax advertisement while reading a newspaper in 1987 that a new firmware might be due to be released either on the next full moon or sometime after a future yesterday on the Gregorian calendar.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 02-23-2011 at 04:11 AM.
02-23-2011, 04:12 AM   #105
Banned

Hypo, on the european sites the firmware 1.01 is still available. See the Downloads tab.