01-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
not a random crop
random?
I'm sorry - but those are the areas I always concentrate on
I did not pick them just to disagree with you -
but it seems to me that any comparison that does not agree with one's own notion is somehow not as valid?

Anyone can also do the same and crop areas where the K-r shows advantage - I would welcome and be more than happy to see that.

Those 4 separate areas somehow all manage to show that the K-x has no less detail than then K-r?

ISO6400 was picked as I use ISO5000 regularly, so ISO6400 is very relevant to me - since I wanted to see if the K-r managed to improve on the K-x
and also a previous poster who said that the K-r was better at ISO6400,
however once they saw the necklace area, and without having to be quite as explicit of picking those 4 smaller crops, they saw that the K-x manages more detail
- but with the caveat "in that particular test" -

I am more than willing to agree since the two shots were done at different times and even though Imaging-Resource.com standardizes their test shots, there may still be differences in the condition -
and anyway I have said all along that the differences are so small that it would not make any real practical difference -
but the crops do show that the K-x has no less detail than the K-r.

I really don't think I am the one being obstinate on this.

01-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
random?
I'm sorry - but those are the areas I always concentrate on
I did not pick them just to disagree with you -
but it seems to me that any comparison that does not agree with one's own notion is somehow not as valid?

Anyone can also do the same and crop areas where the K-r shows advantage - I would welcome and be more than happy to see that.

Those 4 separate areas somehow all manage to show that the K-x has no less detail than then K-r?

ISO6400 was picked as I use ISO5000 regularly, so ISO6400 is very relevant to me - since I wanted to see if the K-r managed to improve on the K-x
and also a previous poster who said that the K-r was better at ISO6400,
however once they saw the necklace area, and without having to be quite as explicit of picking those 4 smaller crops, they saw that the K-x manages more detail
- but with the caveat "in that particular test" -

I am more than willing to agree since the two shots were done at different times and even though Imaging-Resource.com standardizes their test shots, there may still be differences in the condition -
and anyway I have said all along that the differences are so small that it would not make any real practical difference -
but the crops do show that the K-x has no less detail than the K-r.

I really don't think I am the one being obstinate on this.
Getting a bit defensive are we?

I said the shadow detail in the larger face images looks better to me, it still does, same with the brush and ruler

But if it makes you feel better ill say that yes when pixel peeping the K-x pwns all

but I still bought the K-r...

Last edited by Deimos; 01-13-2011 at 06:11 PM.
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Getting a bit defensive are we?

I said the shadow detail in the larger face images looks better to me, it still does, same with the brush and ruler

But if it makes you feel better ill say that yes when pixel peeping the K-x pwns all

but I still bought the K-r...
JHC!
but I'm not arguing -
so let's leave it at that -

Congratulations on the K-r -

I think it's a much better featured camera than the K-x and the IQ for all practical purposes is every bit as good as the K-x (no better, but as good)
- it is almost the previous general wish for a K-7 with the K-x sensor - but at a budget price.

I hope you enjoy your new camera.
01-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
JHC!
but I'm not arguing -
so let's leave it at that -

Congratulations on the K-r -

I think it's a much better featured camera than the K-x and the IQ for all practical purposes is every bit as good as the K-x (no better, but as good)
- it is almost the previous general wish for a K-7 with the K-x sensor - but at a budget price.

I hope you enjoy your new camera.
and I agree that the k-x is outstanding in iq and low-light and a fantastic camera for very little money.

enjoy yours as well! were all good hehe