Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,812
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
not a random crop
random?
I'm sorry - but those are the areas I always concentrate on
I did not pick them just to disagree with you -
but it seems to me that any comparison that does not agree with one's own notion is somehow not as valid?

Anyone can also do the same and crop areas where the K-r shows advantage - I would welcome and be more than happy to see that.

Those 4 separate areas somehow all manage to show that the K-x has no less detail than then K-r?

ISO6400 was picked as I use ISO5000 regularly, so ISO6400 is very relevant to me - since I wanted to see if the K-r managed to improve on the K-x
and also a previous poster who said that the K-r was better at ISO6400,
however once they saw the necklace area, and without having to be quite as explicit of picking those 4 smaller crops, they saw that the K-x manages more detail
- but with the caveat "in that particular test" -

I am more than willing to agree since the two shots were done at different times and even though Imaging-Resource.com standardizes their test shots, there may still be differences in the condition -
and anyway I have said all along that the differences are so small that it would not make any real practical difference -
but the crops do show that the K-x has no less detail than the K-r.

I really don't think I am the one being obstinate on this.

01-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,709
QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
random?
I'm sorry - but those are the areas I always concentrate on
I did not pick them just to disagree with you -
but it seems to me that any comparison that does not agree with one's own notion is somehow not as valid?

Anyone can also do the same and crop areas where the K-r shows advantage - I would welcome and be more than happy to see that.

Those 4 separate areas somehow all manage to show that the K-x has no less detail than then K-r?

ISO6400 was picked as I use ISO5000 regularly, so ISO6400 is very relevant to me - since I wanted to see if the K-r managed to improve on the K-x
and also a previous poster who said that the K-r was better at ISO6400,
however once they saw the necklace area, and without having to be quite as explicit of picking those 4 smaller crops, they saw that the K-x manages more detail
- but with the caveat "in that particular test" -

I am more than willing to agree since the two shots were done at different times and even though Imaging-Resource.com standardizes their test shots, there may still be differences in the condition -
and anyway I have said all along that the differences are so small that it would not make any real practical difference -
but the crops do show that the K-x has no less detail than the K-r.

I really don't think I am the one being obstinate on this.
Getting a bit defensive are we?

I said the shadow detail in the larger face images looks better to me, it still does, same with the brush and ruler

But if it makes you feel better ill say that yes when pixel peeping the K-x pwns all

but I still bought the K-r...

Last edited by Deimos; 01-13-2011 at 06:11 PM.
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,812
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Getting a bit defensive are we?

I said the shadow detail in the larger face images looks better to me, it still does, same with the brush and ruler

But if it makes you feel better ill say that yes when pixel peeping the K-x pwns all

but I still bought the K-r...
JHC!
but I'm not arguing -
so let's leave it at that -

Congratulations on the K-r -

I think it's a much better featured camera than the K-x and the IQ for all practical purposes is every bit as good as the K-x (no better, but as good)
- it is almost the previous general wish for a K-7 with the K-x sensor - but at a budget price.

I hope you enjoy your new camera.
01-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,709
QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
JHC!
but I'm not arguing -
so let's leave it at that -

Congratulations on the K-r -

I think it's a much better featured camera than the K-x and the IQ for all practical purposes is every bit as good as the K-x (no better, but as good)
- it is almost the previous general wish for a K-7 with the K-x sensor - but at a budget price.

I hope you enjoy your new camera.
and I agree that the k-x is outstanding in iq and low-light and a fantastic camera for very little money.

enjoy yours as well! were all good hehe



Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, images, k-r, kr, pentax, pentax k-r, shots
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imaging-resource.com put out 645D sample images: "Amazing Resolution" leping Pentax Medium Format 1 12-06-2010 06:11 AM
Some K5 Samples up at Imaging Resource Frederick Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 11-15-2010 07:38 PM
K-5 Preview Out on Imaging Resource Thorolf Pentax News and Rumors 4 09-20-2010 08:10 PM
Imaging resource lenses for test. ytterbium Photographic Technique 1 07-12-2009 07:57 AM
imaging resource on k-7 jeffkrol Pentax News and Rumors 6 06-09-2009 07:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top