Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1

Soft Images

I have taken at least 30 images with new KR with kit lense and Tamron XR DiII but have many, many soft images when viewed. My old istd was much, better am very disappointed so far, and Pentax support admits images are soft but has not been able to come up with why.

01-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you dialed in the lenses?
Have you considered posting or otherwise making a sample image available to this forum?
01-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxkr Quote
I have taken at least 30 images with new KR with kit lense and Tamron XR DiII but have many, many soft images when viewed. My old istd was much, better am very disappointed so far, and Pentax support admits images are soft but has not been able to come up with why.
I am not surprised if the images are bad when somebody specifies a lens as Tamron XR DiII...
01-11-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear. But without seeing some images, along with full EXIF data, it is impossible to give any helpful advice.

01-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Forum Member

Check that you have the shutter speed set high enough to avoid camera shake, and/or make sure the setting for Shake Reduction is set on to help reduce shake. But, a high-enough shutter speed may be the ticket (but as others have said, it is hard to know without samples).
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #6

Take some shots using Lv.
If that pictures are sharper than the other, then you may have some front/back focus
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Have you tried using a tri-pod with the 2 sec self timer and stopping the lens down f5.6,8.0,11.0 etc. If you are handholding that could be your proplem,what lenses are you using beside the kit lens?

01-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter

did you take the shots with indoor light, maybe tungsten light? if so then FF/BF is common. I have the K-r and Tamron 17-50 unless shooting in Tungsten it is dead on and super sharp. Mine may have a small BF issue at 50mm though, but its a sweet lens.
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

I suspect Elvis has left the building. Some people don't want help, they just want to complain.
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #10

Original Poster
Soft KR images

Thank you for ans. I am new to the forum and have to figure how to post images when I do I will. So sorry to see some camera snobs here, remember folks most of us do this for fun.
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would also be helpful to know your technique to shooting and what you shoot, but photo examples will at least guide us to help you more specifically.
01-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for ans. I am new to the forum and have to figure how to post images when I do I will. So sorry to see some camera snobs here, remember folks most of us do this for fun.
Resize the images to be about 1000 pixels wide or 800 pixels high. We hate scrolling :-)

When posting, below the text box is a "manage attachments" button. Go though there to navigate to your images and upload them one at a time (I wish we could do them all in a batch...) Then use the paperclip symbol above the text box to insert the images below the current cursor location in the text box.
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you don't already have one, open a Flickr account. Upload the pictures to Flickr and on the picture page click Share this. Then click on Grab the HTML/BBCode. Click the BBCode radio button. Select a Original from the popup menu. Copy and paste the code into the Message window.
01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Most of us give help for fun too. It's polite to keep people in the loop.
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #15

Photos: Albums
Lenses have letters and number on it. Numbers are more important than letters. There is nothing snobbish about that, it's just that letters don't make much sense while numbers do.