Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #16
Banned

Original Poster
I did another "scientific" test with my K-r and I believe I don't found AF tungsten issues.
I used black & white view to better see the unfocused zones. Left eneloop accu is front side, right one is back side.

ISO 12800 and 25600 are showed in the viewfinder 128h and 256h?

Last edited by ursamajor; 01-18-2011 at 08:05 AM.
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
Unfortunatelly, it was too nice to be true...

Front focus issue, in tests/real life photos.

Tungsten:

Even daylight:

02-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #18

just shut up will you. it exists. ok now bloody leave it. you've made your point just about everyday on every thread. there is nothing more to be said on the issue.

if you really are that unhappy sell the damn thing and get a canon
woody
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
Again, don't you have anything better to do? Few days ago you had other opinion.

So, considering my already expressed opinions, the topic was anachronic. I updated it and now I will not bother any fanboy.

02-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

The horse is down so let's beat it so more.

Can anyone still be in denial about this? Even if most of these tests/pics are severely flawed, the trend is clear. This camera front-focuses like a biatch.
02-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #21

far from a fanboy, I shoot Fuji. Just sick to death of you posting the same complaint every day in every thread. Other people have also said the same thing to you.

I dont think anyone denies some cameras have an issue and it needs to be addressed, it's been said several thousand times, but until Pentax do something, it really has been beaten to death.

woody
02-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
Just sick to death of you posting the same complaint every day in every thread. Other people have also said the same thing to you.
And I was right, despite their words. All Kr suffers the issue.
So, I hope the sickness you have be transferred to Pentax, to solve the issue.

PS: like I said, go to another thread if mine gives you nausea...

Also, like I said...
QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
... I will not bother any fanboy.
Topic closed.
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #23

NO NOT EVERY Kr suffers it. many users are happy. stop twisting everything.
and the problem is yes you did start this thread, but you have also hijacked evry other damn thread

02-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #24
Banned

Original Poster
I'll repeat you, until you'll understand:

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
... I will not bother any fanboy.
Topic closed.
By the way, are you moderating any section of this forum? Don't bother to answer, it's a rhetorical question.
02-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #25
Forum Member

ursamajor,

I have FF that's too extreme to be corrected by the find focus adjust setting, and I am not happy about it.

Having said that, I am also getting tired of seeing the issue beaten to death multiple times daily on the forum. We've had the hopeful news that Pentax is working hard on a firmware solution. Can we please drop the issue for a little while until they've had a reasonable chance to release an update?

You didn't even bother to read woody's note on not being a fanboy. Why should anyone take you seriously if you ignore what people write and make uninformed accusations? Being tired of the griping does not make one a fanboy.
02-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #26
Banned

Original Poster
My friend, if Pentax will manage to rectify the ff problem (sincerely, I doubt it), I'll be the first to praise the Kr and them...
02-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you sincerely doubt it and it's that big of a problem, why don't you just return it and move on?

I too had this problem, but if you go through my postings, I've still had nothing but great things to say about the camera.

This minuscule issue which is only visible during pixel-peeping or razor depth of field shots is not the end of the world. You should be manual focussing if it's that crucial anyway.
02-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #28
Banned

Original Poster
If you were more objective, you have found that your "Ferrari" has problems exactly at the "drive axle". Minuscule? The issue isn't minuscule at all... Maybe you enjoy the manual focus. I don't. If I want to play with manual focus, I play with my old russian Zenit ET, but not with a camera which I bought with two salaries. Try to think as a romanian, not as american. Or imagine the Kr would have cost in your country 6000$, ten times more than now.
And yesterday I found it doesn't focus corectly neither in daylight (neither with 18-55 lens) see post #17.

Last edited by ursamajor; 02-06-2011 at 04:54 AM.
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ursamajor - My K-R focuses like yours. I will retire this spring and I have my finances pretty much lined up, so I know about budgets. My K200D was acting up, so I looked for a new camera and decided on a K-R. Like you, I am not happy with the focus of my camera. I had to decide what to do. If I sold it, I would want another camera for high ISO pics, I can't afford a K-5, and the K-X is missing some features that I really want. If I move to another brand my lenses would have to be replaced. I decided to wait until April to send my camera in for service, Pentax should have something by then. If the camera comes back unrepaired, I'll have to think about replacement. Now you have to decide what you want to do.
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #30
Banned

Original Poster
Yes, you're right. Some users will say that I'm repeating, because I said it on other threads: my camera was already sent to Pentax representative in my country and I'm waiting a replacement (maybe next week). When the replacement camera will come, I'll ask them to test it. If even the replacement camera will FF, I'll ask my money back. Then I'll probably wait for firmware 1.02 and if the firmware will solve the issues, I'll buy the same Kr.
Unlike you, I still have lenses from Canon (50mm f/1.8 and 55-250IS), to which I gave up for Pentax.
Anyway, now I understand the words of a friend of mine: "if you'll buy a Pentax, tell me how it focuses after 16.00 hours, even in daylight". Wise guy, isn't it?