Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
FYI: That struck me as quaint because my K-r, S/N 3894260, I'd purchased retail in Au on 2010-12-13, or 43 calendar days earlier.

Such is the idiosyncrasies of modern times global market distribution. (Which could easily confuse a lot of people how this could happen.)

.R.
But yours FF's? Because I read in another thread someone (I think it was ursamajor) said that they heard anything above 382xxxx didn't have FF problems

01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #32
Banned

I read that information on a german forum.
Today I had a phone conversation with the representative Pentax RO (to whom I sent my K-r for verifications/replacement) and he told me he talked with people from Pentax Europe. They agree there is a problem with all Pentax K-r, but they don't have yet a solution for the front focus issue, under artificial light, especially tungsten.

PS: The same guy said me that Pentax RO already have 10 K-r sent back by the buyers (in warranty). It's very much, IMHO, in a country where Canikon are "kings". Here, Pentax is not a famous name.
01-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
my FA50 is soft at 1.4, but it's not crazy bad.
My FA 50 1.4 is soft no matter what light I shoot in, no matter which camera I use. It's the nature of the beast. It's normal for that lens, isn't it?
01-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
My FA 50 1.4 is soft no matter what light I shoot in, no matter which camera I use. It's the nature of the beast. It's normal for that lens, isn't it?
As I've shown in my other thread here, this is a 100% crop from my FA 50mm wide open, focused using live view:

Not tack sharp, but more than usable, IMO. Of course you have to be extremely careful with where you put your focus plane due to the shallow DOF.