Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Silver/Black K-r body?

Hi Guys,

please, does anyone can tell me where I can find a Silver/Black K-r body only, in Europe?

Really intriguing to me, see K-r in silver and black (front view) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thank U very much!

Vincenzo

01-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Those mix-n-match combos are only for the japanese market. There's a japanese website where you can configure your very own K-r with a coloured lens to match. Noice.
Me, I'd choose silver/brown.

Regards,
--Anders.
01-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VincenTC Quote
please, does anyone can tell me where I can find a Silver/Black K-r body only, in Europe?
Nope. Colours other than Black, Red or White are only released on the Japanese/Asian near neighbours market.
Example Ref: Pentax to launch new crazy and colorful K-r series DSLR in Japan Akihabara News

Perhaps(?) like what eventuated with K-x, a few extra (up to 12 basic colours, probably will be less for K-r) might see EU/US/AP markets later in K-r's release~life cycle.
Although they actually dropped 2 colours (compared to K-x) from the initial K-r cycle to the more conservative En-dominated markets -- so don't hold your breath even for that repeat.

Serious interest that translates to demand in real numbers, beyond the occasional Red and with slightly more interest in basic White, is fairly lacklustre on the western front really.

IOW; you're probably going to have to self-import one direct from Japan, or the near region.
Roll-your-own with the simulator here:

K-r : Products : PENTAX
????????????PENTAX K-r ??????????

You just have to be prepared to pay the premium price -- eBay is your friend, here's your Silver/Black combo Kit @ AUD1,060[*] c/w shipping from Taiwan:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PENTAX-K-r-Kr-SILVER-BLACK-COLOR-108-18-55mm-LENS...item230d2a4b60
* Exclusive of any applicable local import duties and taxes.

(Note that a spray can of paint and some masking effort is much cheaper -- good exercise for the craft skills too. )

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 01-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ok my friends, thanks for replies, now I understand that it'll be very hard to get a silver/black Kr in Italy: anyway I've no worries because I didn't hurry to find it, sooner or later... now the next stop is: Fujifilm X100!
Cheers