Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Inactive Account

1st post & ordered a k-r

Hi all - just ordered a k-r yesterday from Amazon.

Have been interested in photography ever since I was a kid. Started out with an old Ricoh 500, and later bought a Canon A-1 when I was stationed in Japan in the early 80's. Had all the darkroom equipment too.

Had to sell all my toys due to economic necessity about 15 years ago, and since then I've only had simple point-and-shoot digital cameras, knowing that someday I'd like to get another "nice" camera when the time was right...

Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to getting my new k-r. The state of the art sure has changed in the last few years. Wow...

Patrick

01-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PatW44 Quote
Hi all - just ordered a k-r yesterday from Amazon.

Have been interested in photography ever since I was a kid. Started out with an old Ricoh 500, and later bought a Canon A-1 when I was stationed in Japan in the early 80's. Had all the darkroom equipment too.

Had to sell all my toys due to economic necessity about 15 years ago, and since then I've only had simple point-and-shoot digital cameras, knowing that someday I'd like to get another "nice" camera when the time was right...

Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to getting my new k-r. The state of the art sure has changed in the last few years. Wow...

Patrick
Welcome to the forums, Patrick! I know where you are coming from, had good film cameras but didn't make the switch to dSLR until a couple of years ago.

I'm sure you are going to LOVE your K-r, the IQ out of this entry level camera is just amazing.
01-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Patrick!
I know you'll enjoy it!
I've been from the SLR to P&S bridge cameras but leapt finally to the DSLR 2 years ago with the K100D super.
It wasn't a steep learning curve but more like "you never forget how to ride a bike" thing.
I would love to get a K-r but I'm still enjoying the K100D super and it has served me well so far.
01-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Have fun with the new kit.

01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

I am planning to buy a K-R in close future. Have been reading all kinds of reviews and comparisons. Please keep us posted with your experience.
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats! Here's the status on my K-r. I'm dying!
Attached Images

01-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the fold, i'm sure you'll love it the kr looks to be a great camera
now to start shopping for some good primes