Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-R battery charger

I bought this battery charger the other day to get a small charger for travel. It is much smaller than the original Pentax unit and does not require a cord. It came with a 12V car adapter plug, but I haven't tested it in the car yet. I didn't want a car type charger anyway, it would have to be a long drive to charge a dead battery, it took a couple of hours to charge a partially used battery. I checked several times while it charged and the battery never even got warm to the touch, that is good, heat is bad for batteries. The battery showed full charge and worked fine in my K-R. Good price too.
Battery Charger for D-Li109 DLi109 Pentax K-r DSLR NEW - eBay (item 290519989104 end time Feb-05-11 09:20:28 PST)

02-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gp1806 Quote
I bought this battery charger the other day to get a small charger for travel. It is much smaller than the original Pentax unit and does not require a cord. It came with a 12V car adapter plug, but I haven't tested it in the car yet. I didn't want a car type charger anyway, it would have to be a long drive to charge a dead battery, it took a couple of hours to charge a partially used battery.
That could be a helpful device for some, and the price is hard to beat.
Been thinking about getting a power inverter myself though because it could serve other charging/mains-powering use in-car.

I see the seller also has K-r D-Li109 batteries very cheap too (already got 2 spares of those. Couldn't see the point of using less efficient AAs w/ adapter in a K-r at those prices.)

.R.
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I bought a spare battery from him earlier and it works OK, very low price too. That's why I bought the charger from him, he delivered the battery (and now the charger) fast, so he is a good seller in my opinion.
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks I have bookmarked this for the future as I am wanting to get a spare battery and eventually want to get the converter or attachment so I can also use regular AA batteries.

02-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The AA battery holder is for sale now in the 'equipment for sale' section here on the forums.
06-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by gp1806 Quote
The AA battery holder is for sale now in the 'equipment for sale' section here on the forums.
please i need it.
06-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nath Gbenga Quote
please i need it.
You need to order them off Ebay.

Pentax K-r AA battery | eBay

Tim
06-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I've gotten something very similar and it works fine with both the K-r & K-50......haven't tried the car charging aspect yet though.....which may happen if I ever get to camp out at pic wick lake