Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #196
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 262
Really poor light. Played with stitching. It works!




06-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #197
Pentaxian
zantaphia's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Skövde, Skaraborg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 496
Caterpillar Macro EXIF

"zantaphia what setup did you use for that macro if you dont mind"

"Excellent. I just wish some of these posts had EXIF info intact with the images so we could see how it was done."

Hi.

Sorry for the non-EXIF info. (How do I post images with intact EXIF info?)

But here it is:

Gear:

Pentax K-r (RED:-) RAW DNG HQ

Vivitar 55 mm 2.8 Makro 1:1 M42 (Shooting distance ~50 mm 1:1)

Patio table

Caterpillar and plant

ExifToolExifTool Version Number:3.45
Image
File Size:656KBFile
Type:JPGImage Width:1024Image Height:782
Subfile Type:Reduced-resolution
imageOrientation:Horizontal (normal)
Software:GIMP 2.6.11
Tv(Shutter Speed):1/40
Av(Aperture Value):5.6
ISO Speed:1600 (because it was getting real dark in the evening)
Color Space:sRGBCustom
Rendered:NormalImage
Size:1024x782
Camera
Make:PENTAX Camera
Model Name:PENTAX K-r
Exposure Program:Manual
Metering Mode:Center-weighted average
Flash:Off
Focal Length:55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82.0mm)
Sensing Method:One-chip color area
Exposure Mode:Manual
White Balance:Manual
Focal Length In 35mm Format:82
Scene Capture Type:Standard
Contrast:Normal
Saturation:Normal
Sharpness:+2
Subject Distance Range:Unknown (0)
Scale Factor To 35mm Equivalent:1.5
TimeDate/Time Of Last Modification:2011:06:02 21:33:36
Shooting Date/Time:2011:06:02 19:57:45
Date/Time Of Digitization:2011:06:02 19:57:45


BR Pär
06-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #198
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 9
Hi folks,

Just got my K-r this morning. It finished charging a little while ago, so here are two of my very first snaps. Hope you enjoy
Attached Images
   
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #199
Site Supporter
mattt's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Niagara
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,780
is that fuzzy flower part a spent Peone?

06-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #200
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 9
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
is that fuzzy flower part a spent Peone?
Hi Mattt,

Yes, this is the seed pod of the peone.
06-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #201
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Katy,tx
Posts: 69
I just cant shoot macro smh. I have a fifty 1:1 but itas a manual only lens so I cant put my camera on macro mode help please
06-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #202
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 262
QuoteOriginally posted by Rawprospect Quote
I just cant shoot macro smh. I have a fifty 1:1 but itas a manual only lens so I cant put my camera on macro mode help please
You don't need macro mode. Go through the sticky thread on how to stop-down meter with manual lenses first and get comfortable doing it. at 1:1 or near you'll probably best focus by moving the camera in and out and maybe using catch in focus but learn how to use the manual lens first and how the aperture effects depth of field.
Start here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #203
New Member
cittylicious's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 10
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Citty, you have worked your FE lens to a tee!
Brilliantly processed!
Love the result.
Haha! Thx Ash! Fisheye LOVE haha

06-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #204
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,447
QuoteOriginally posted by kostadinov Quote
Let me know what you think and...please, share yours.
Thanks

Picture taken with DAL 55-300. F5.6, ISO 3200, Indoor swiming pool, Straight from the camera, No PP
Loved this pic and expression.
06-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #205
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 262
QuoteOriginally posted by zantaphia Quote
Hi.

Sorry for the non-EXIF info. (How do I post images with intact EXIF info?)
If you post a link to the file I don't think it pics up the exif here. If you attach the file to a post here it should automatically show it. The problem is that some software used to edit or resize the image can strip the exif out.
An easy and safe way is to resize using Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4. Just use File> Save As > Click on Change Image Size and save it then add it as an attachment to the post. It will work if the exif was intact to begin with.
06-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #206
Pentaxian
zantaphia's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Skövde, Skaraborg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 496
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill_R Quote
If you post a link to the file I don't think it pics up the exif here. If you attach the file to a post here it should automatically show it. The problem is that some software used to edit or resize the image can strip the exif out.
An easy and safe way is to resize using Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4. Just use File> Save As > Click on Change Image Size and save it then add it as an attachment to the post. It will work if the exif was intact to begin with.
Thank you for the info about EXIF from PDCU4. Must try this before I upload the next image. Now using Ufraw and Gimp only.

BR Pär
06-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #207
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 262
QuoteOriginally posted by zantaphia Quote
Thank you for the info about EXIF from PDCU4. Must try this before I upload the next image. Now using Ufraw and Gimp only.

BR Pär
No problem. I sometimes use Gimp and Ufraw too. I would have thought Gimp would preserve the exif - must test.
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #208
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Katy,tx
Posts: 69
I know how to stop down just not sure the procedure as far as macro and thanks for the article but it didnt really tell me anything new. What im trying to do is to shoot macro with a manual lens could you go a little more in depth for me im farely new to shooting macro sorry
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill_R Quote
You don't need macro mode. Go through the sticky thread on how to stop-down meter with manual lenses first and get comfortable doing it. at 1:1 or near you'll probably best focus by moving the camera in and out and maybe using catch in focus but learn how to use the manual lens first and how the aperture effects depth of field.
Start here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #209
Senior Member
Swapnil's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bellevue
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 138


See more in Flickr!

Last edited by Swapnil; 06-06-2011 at 02:15 PM.
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #210
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Swapnil, those are wonderful! I love #1 and #3! Great job.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, composition, k-r, kr, pentax k-r, sand dunes
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM
two pictures zj4c Photo Critique 3 02-01-2009 04:23 AM
some old pictures wil4713 Post Your Photos! 1 12-04-2008 04:05 PM
what is going on in these pictures? throndor Photographic Technique 16 09-11-2008 03:14 PM
two pictures, what are they? Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 5 01-24-2007 02:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top