Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #991
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
QuoteOriginally posted by Fire Angel Quote
A fantastic shot this, makes something special out of a simple nature scene.
Thanks, lol...my dog is as focus as i am.

---------- Post added 05-09-14 at 04:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by thegadge Quote
Nice one, mate! Another Tak man..Get into those old lens..!1
Yes,mate.Recently acquired this lens from a local forum in good condition.

On my Kr,i need to adjust the exposure to +1.3.

05-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #992
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
QuoteOriginally posted by kehoe Quote
Ready to pounce ! Taken with super tak 35 3.5
Sweet shot, Kehoe. Dogs are so lovable, aren't they. Nice Tak shot. Freddy
05-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #993
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks,Freddy. Yes,they are. In my house my dogs are my favourite subject to shoot.

They are the one that inspire me or else my Kr would be sitting idling...lol

BTW,i have another doberman at home.
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #994
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
Hi guys,

I don't know how used to F1 are you, the spanish grand prix has been last week here at Barcelona, and on the other hand I recently bought a Pentax F 50mm f1.7 lens, and I must say I just love it! So i took the camera and the lens with me and kept shooting anytime I had spare time.

I let you here a couple of pics I like, I hope you do too

Kamui Kobayashi (Japan) from Caterham - Renault in the Drivers Parade


Fernando Alonso (Spain) from Ferrari (2 times World Champion), and my mate xD


Press Conference after race (Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Rosberg)


British media (from left to right: Alan McNish former F1 and Le-Mans driver, David Coulthard former F1 driver, I don't know, Eddie Jordan former Formula 1 Team Owner)



Damon Hill (former 1996 F1 World Champion, now comentator for Sky Sports)


Paddock girls (I wish I know her names xDDD)


Felipe Massa (Williams Martini Racing)


Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari and 2007 former World Champion)


Jenson Button (McLaren, and 2009 former World Champion) and Michiwata (I think she's model)


Just playing about the Red Bull logo and the Australian flag at the back as ex-Red Bull driver Mark Webber is from there, and nowadays Daniel Ricciardo that is their driver is from Australia as well


Cheers!

05-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #995
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
Hey, Red. Great portraits from that 50mm. Looks like a fabulous lens. I have the manual version of the 1.7 and never could get the hang
of focusing it. Fortunately, I have my Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro which covers my macro type shots beautifully. Thanks for this interesting treat. Freddy
05-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #996
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Hey, Red. Great portraits from that 50mm. Looks like a fabulous lens. I have the manual version of the 1.7 and never could get the hang
of focusing it. Fortunately, I have my Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro which covers my macro type shots beautifully. Thanks for this interesting treat. Freddy
Thank you Freddy
It indeed is a great lens, I'm in love with it

Oh that sucks! I have an Auto-Chinon 50mm f1.9 but mostly all the times it makes my camera get nuts, so I stopped using it, even tho I believe it's a very nice lens as well.


Thanks to you for your reply,

P.S.
Would be nice to see some pictures done with that Sigma lens ^^
05-16-2014, 03:41 AM   #997
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Thank you Freddy
It indeed is a great lens, I'm in love with it

Oh that sucks! I have an Auto-Chinon 50mm f1.9 but mostly all the times it makes my camera get nuts, so I stopped using it, even tho I believe it's a very nice lens as well.


Thanks to you for your reply,

P.S.
Would be nice to see some pictures done with that Sigma lens ^^
Funny you should ask, Red. Here are three shots I took this past weekend, with the Sigma 50 2.8 on my K30. Freddy
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
05-16-2014, 04:02 AM   #998
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
Very sharp and nice Freddy

Also seems that the lens has a nice bokeh,
Btw congrats on being in such a nice spot

05-16-2014, 04:26 AM   #999
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Very sharp and nice Freddy

Also seems that the lens has a nice bokeh,
Btw congrats on being in such a nice spot
Thanks, Red. I do love this lens, and it has a marvelous bokeh.. I took these shots in a nice neighborhood out in Eastern Long Island, NY.
I hope to visit Spain some day. Many have told me it is one of the most beautiful places they ever visited.
I dream of photographing castles in Spain. Freddy
05-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #1000
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Thanks, Red. I do love this lens, and it has a marvelous bokeh.. I took these shots in a nice neighborhood out in Eastern Long Island, NY.
I hope to visit Spain some day. Many have told me it is one of the most beautiful places they ever visited.
I dream of photographing castles in Spain. Freddy
Your welcome Freddy,
Indeed the place is nice and the bokeh of the lens seems quite great, as you say :-)
Yeah well, beautiful places are all over, like the nice Parks and wild places you have in the States for example,

I live in here, so I can't tell much, but yes I guess you'll be able to find many castles, they are placed more in Castilla rather than in Barcelona,plus I've heard that a country where you can find many many castles is France, they even have routes, so maybe if you once come over Europe for a castle research you'd look for more days off, to be able to visit more of them ^^ You know, once here, it's easy to travel around and Europe isn't really that big actually.

Where I live, well, I guess everybody knows what Barcelona offers, but you'll find mainly quite beautiful modernist buildings
Over here we have a different type of castles, check them out ! We build human castles

Castells: Human towers in Barcelona | Localnomad Blog

Dani / Dan / Daniel
05-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #1001
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Your welcome Freddy,
Indeed the place is nice and the bokeh of the lens seems quite great, as you say :-)
Yeah well, beautiful places are all over, like the nice Parks and wild places you have in the States for example,

I live in here, so I can't tell much, but yes I guess you'll be able to find many castles, they are placed more in Castilla rather than in Barcelona,plus I've heard that a country where you can find many many castles is France, they even have routes, so maybe if you once come over Europe for a castle research you'd look for more days off, to be able to visit more of them ^^ You know, once here, it's easy to travel around and Europe isn't really that big actually.

Where I live, well, I guess everybody knows what Barcelona offers, but you'll find mainly quite beautiful modernist buildings
Over here we have a different type of castles, check them out ! We build human castles

Castells: Human towers in Barcelona | Localnomad Blog

Dani / Dan / Daniel
That human tower is really incredible, Daniel. It must take very careful adjustments to go that high! P.S. My son's name is Daniel. He won't let me call him Dan, or Danny .
Take care. Freddy
05-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #1002
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
That human tower is really incredible, Daniel. It must take very careful adjustments to go that high! P.S. My son's name is Daniel. He won't let me call him Dan, or Danny .
Take care. Freddy
Thanks Freddy, it's just a tradition from our region here, I think you can't find this anywhere else in the globe.
Indeed, they do practice quite a lot before going to those shows.
Oh that's curious. Well, here in spanish Danny is used for women, actually not in Spain normally but in south america, but I like Dani, feels younger and not so let's say, polite, than Daniel.

By the way Freddy, I have been twice in NYC and, to be honest, before the first time I never thought I'd like it, but then I just loved it.
Yes, it's such a huge city, probably quite stressful maybe, but I love how multi cultural it is. I just had great times there both times I've been.I think it's a bit like in here, or like in here it's a bit like in there. That helps to feel like at home, at a very different place.

And about the human towers, I thought there where better videos, or articles in american press, I just could find that one wich seems interesting about the video because you can see how they train,
http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/jan/24/barcelona-city-breaks-human-tower

And seems like a movie would come soon out of this project:
http://www.thehumantower.com/

I found out about the BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11742399

Not sure tho, just seen it first time like 5 minutes ago

Last edited by red5isalive; 05-16-2014 at 02:12 PM.
05-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #1003
Pentaxian
fevbusch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,070
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Thanks Freddy, it's just a tradition from our region here, I think you can't find this anywhere else in the globe.
Indeed, they do practice quite a lot before going to those shows.
Oh that's curious. Well, here in spanish Danny is used for women, actually not in Spain normally but in south america, but I like Dani, feels younger and not so let's say, polite, than Daniel.

By the way Freddy, I have been twice in NYC and, to be honest, before the first time I never thought I'd like it, but then I just loved it.
Yes, it's such a huge city, probably quite stressful maybe, but I love how multi cultural it is. I just had great times there both times I've been.I think it's a bit like in here, or like in here it's a bit like in there. That helps to feel like at home, at a very different place.

And about the human towers, I thought there where better videos, or articles in american press, I just could find that one wich seems interesting about the video because you can see how they train,
How to build a human tower, Barcelona | Travel | theguardian.com

And seems like a movie would come soon out of this project:
The Human Tower

I found out about the BBC:
BBC News - Close-Up: Catalonia's human towers

Not sure tho, just seen it first time like 5 minutes ago
The videos are hard to watch. It seems like layers of people are addting to the structural integrity of the whole. Simply because one man could not possibly support so many people. Interesting
how outer layers provide a "saftey" net in case someone falls. The courage of the young child was amazing. She just seemed to have the confidence that the team wouldn't let her fall.
Freddy
05-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #1004
Veteran Member
red5isalive's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 314
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
The videos are hard to watch. It seems like layers of people are addting to the structural integrity of the whole. Simply because one man could not possibly support so many people. Interesting
how outer layers provide a "saftey" net in case someone falls. The courage of the young child was amazing. She just seemed to have the confidence that the team wouldn't let her fall.
Freddy
Yes Freddy, that's it. They are kids, kids believe they can do everything, and in everyone. So, they try to reach the top always ^^
In a way, they have to be very unite, they all work the same direction, it not only depends on one person, but in the whole structure to succes.

That chat made me realize I've hardly never been in a castellers show, and I know a guy whom is in a group, so next time I should go and bring my camera with me, that'd be interesting I hope
06-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #1005
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Herefordshire, England
Posts: 33
Very pleased with the Sigma 17-70....
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, composition, k-r, kr, pentax k-r, sand dunes
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM
two pictures zj4c Photo Critique 3 02-01-2009 04:23 AM
some old pictures wil4713 Post Your Photos! 1 12-04-2008 04:05 PM
what is going on in these pictures? throndor Photographic Technique 16 09-11-2008 03:14 PM
two pictures, what are they? Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 5 01-24-2007 02:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top