Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #1

white dot on live view screen

i just bought a K-r yesterday. i noticed something when i switched to live view today.

there is a white dot on the live view screen. it is not the lcd screen that has this dead pixel as i press info button to enlarge the live view scene, this little dot will shift too. enlarged at a certain level, it looks like green colour.

however, the photo taken does not have any dead pixel issues. i even put the lens cap on and took photo at iso 200, no dead pixel either.

but this is rather frustrating, considering i just bought it yesterday.

i did the dust alerts and found no dust on the sensor either.

what's wrong?

im new to DSLR though...

02-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting!
It seems to be a hotpixel.
Normally hotpixels are mapped out.
Perhaps this map is not utilized in live view?

If it is too annoying I would exchange it.
02-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
i tried all the tool options, i.e. dust removal, pixel mapping, sensor cleaning and etc. all came to no avail.

i went to the shop and requested for an exchange but i was turned down immediately by the sales person without even looking at what the problem was. i was somehow getting frustrated with the service attitude and replies from the shop sales person. they asked me to do directly to the service centre without offering helps to me, i.e. taking it on my behalf to the service centre or whatsoever.

i am really disappointed in what the shop has done so far. ok, i then proceeded to the service centre and i personally instructed the technician (who is a nice guy by the way) on what the problems are. the final solution is to send back to pentax japan for repairs - the remark written on the service note - dead pixel on sensor.

i am quite sad to see my first dslr purchase end up this way, considering i owned the camera for less than 48 hours and it ended up being sent back to japan for REPAIR.

what i am really disgusted is the service attitude of the shop sales person.

i am from Singapore - and i would really wish to bring up this matter to Hoya about the service quality of this particular dealer located in Funan DigitalLife Mall in Singapore - Shop name: SL* Revo*****. they should be stopped from selling Pentax cameras.

Last edited by Shingkyo; 02-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.
02-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #4

Hi Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Yes that is indeed a poor service by the store.
Most reputable stores will take the defective unit back and give you new one.
Do they have any written policy on replacements on your reciept? May be try to talk to the store manager instead of a sales person (who probably cares less since he/she already made their sale).
Best of luck...

Robert

QuoteOriginally posted by Shingkyo Quote
i tried all the tool options, i.e. dust removal, pixel mapping, sensor cleaning and etc. all came to no avail.

i went to the shop and requested for an exchange but i was turned down immediately by the sales person without even looking at what the problem was. i was somehow getting frustrated with the service attitude and replies from the shop sales person. they asked me to do directly to the service centre without offering helps to me, i.e. taking it on my behalf to the service centre or whatsoever.

i am really disappointed in what the shop has done so far. ok, i then proceeded to the service centre and i personally instructed the technician (who is a nice guy by the way) on what the problems are. the final solution is to send back to pentax japan for repairs - the remark written on the service note - dead pixel on sensor.

i am quite sad to see my first dslr purchase end up this way, considering i owned the camera for less than 48 hours and it ended up being sent back to japan for REPAIR.

what i am really disgusted is the service attitude of the shop sales person.

i am from Singapore - and i would really wish to bring up this matter to Hoya about the service quality of this particular dealer located in Funan DigitalLife Mall in Singapore - Shop name: SL* Revo*****. they should be stopped from selling Pentax cameras.

02-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
since the unit is now being sent back for servicing... i think i will just have to wait for the unit to come back... i will never go back to this shop, but still i love my pentax!
02-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Banned

Mine has one hot pixel too. I'm not so concerned of that, but the other annoying issue.
02-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #7

Original Poster
mine is right at the center, and it is occupying 5 pixels looking like a cross sign when enlarged... it is rather prominent on video, but shows nothing on photo.

it is on live view mode too!
03-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #8

Original Poster
i got my camera back last week... i was informed in the email i sent to pentax that cmos sensor was replaced.

everything works fine now...