Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #1

I did it!

well i needed my wife to help click the buy it now button but kr is in the mail ( i have a problem spending that kind of cash lol, she doesnt though lol) Now i cant wait! next up a flash hmmmm.... anyone know of something good for around 150-200 ish

02-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #2

Original Poster
I was thinking about the sigma EF 530 dg ST looks like i can get it for 125 on ebay and i really want a wireless flash trigger after seeing my step father use one the other weekend
02-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #3

I was tempted with the bower 926, but sadly in my case, the results was really really bad, the flash alway fired at full power and every picture i took was a full white frame. Anyway, the reviews on b&h are good about that flash so maybe i just get a bad unit, so if your are interested i recomend you test the flash personally before buy.
In the end, i returned the flash and bought a samsung 36pzf, which is actually a rebranded pentax af360

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/129076-an...flash-k-r.html
02-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrads!

02-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Classico Quote
I was thinking about the sigma EF 530 dg ST looks like i can get it for 125 on ebay and i really want a wireless flash trigger after seeing my step father use one the other weekend
The K-r and the Sigma 530 both support "wireless" flash, where the camera controls the flash using the popup flash. You might want to try that first before getting radio triggers.

Sincerely,
--Anders.
02-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Classico Quote
well i needed my wife to help click the buy it now button but kr is in the mail ( i have a problem spending that kind of cash lol, she doesnt though lol) Now i cant wait! next up a flash hmmmm.... anyone know of something good for around 150-200 ish
I'm thinking you're going to want a flash that is P-TTL capable also. I'm pretty sure that all of the later Pentax DSLRs from the K10 onward use only P-TTL for automatic use.
02-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Sigma EF 530 DG Super

I have Sigman EF 530 DG Super and it works well.
It does support wireless flash with the K-r (I dont think the 530 DG ST does though).
I bought it last week for $160 from 47th Street Photo (via Amazon.com).
02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #8

Have you got the Sigma EF 530 DG Super all figured out yet?

Rob,

I've just bought one of the Sigma 530 Supers. I'm enjoying so far, but there's so much in it in terms of control I'm at a loss to get it all working correctly. Any tips or experience you've gleaned - PM me if I'm doing too much thread hi-jacking.

Cheers,
Josh

QuoteOriginally posted by robwill Quote
I have Sigman EF 530 DG Super and it works well.
It does support wireless flash with the K-r (I dont think the 530 DG ST does though).
I bought it last week for $160 from 47th Street Photo (via Amazon.com).