Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-r strange behavior?

Last few days I've noticed something strange with my camera. If I lock the focus by half pressing the shutter release button and take a picture, I will get another in-focus confirmation/ a beep and a red light in VF/ . It is right after the picture is taken and I am letting the SR button go. On few occasions the camera would take a second shot even though it is in single drive mode – if I happen to hold the SR button pressed a bit longer. It wasn’t like this before and it is kind of annoying.
A week ago the e-dial knob started jumping steps back and forward if I try to magnify picture in preview mode, or change shutter speed, or F number. There is another tread about that and I know the camera needs to go for servicing by Pentax. I am on 5500 shots and I will take another 2-3k more before I send it over to them.
Anyone with similar experience or explanation for it?

02-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To ask the obvious - is the drive mode on single shot (rather than continuous)? - Sorry just reread you post and I see that you said it was in Single shot.

Does not help but I occasionally get this on my K-x. I think it is just shutter button bounce but its not frequent enough to worry me. Sounds like something to add to your fix list to me.
02-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter

if you are having the e-dial issue might be worth sending in
02-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kostadinov Quote
Last few days I've noticed something strange with my camera. If I lock the focus by half pressing the shutter release button and take a picture, I will get another in-focus confirmation/ a beep and a red light in VF/ . It is right after the picture is taken and I am letting the SR button go. On few occasions the camera would take a second shot even though it is in single drive mode – if I happen to hold the SR button pressed a bit longer. It wasn’t like this before and it is kind of annoying.
A week ago the e-dial knob started jumping steps back and forward if I try to magnify picture in preview mode, or change shutter speed, or F number. There is another tread about that and I know the camera needs to go for servicing by Pentax. I am on 5500 shots and I will take another 2-3k more before I send it over to them.
Anyone with similar experience or explanation for it?
For future reference, in the Pentax world, "SR" means shake reduction. I was racking my brain trying to figure out where there was a SR button on the K-r I wasn't aware of. Then I realized you meant "Shutter Release."